It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

puresimmer -> It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/15/2009 3:09:46 PM)

I am happy to announce that PureSim Baseball v1.80 is now officially released. I'd like to thank you guys for all the hard work testing over the past few weeks. It certainly made a difference!

The official release is a full install that can be installed on top of any previous release or beta.

Download PureSim Baseball v1.80

View the 1.80 release notes

Now, Crash and I will begin working on new stuff for v1.90 :)

motnahp -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/15/2009 3:15:59 PM)

Why does this always seem to happen while I'm at work? %$@#%@% ! I guess anything good is worth waiting (a few hours) for.

puresimmer -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/15/2009 4:07:26 PM)

Well, if you have been grabbing the betas and release candidates, it's nothing huge, just stable. If you haven't, then I think you'll like what you see with 1.80.

cdvalenta -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/15/2009 7:28:15 PM)

Just played my first game after the new release... I have been waiting for a stable version.

All I can say is... wow!

Excellent work! I love the new scoreboard, green background, etc...

Not that text sims are all about graphics, but you polished up everything really, really nice. This is after simming just one game... can't wait to really get back into it.

puresimmer -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/15/2009 8:13:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cdvalenta

Just played my first game after the new release... I have been waiting for a stable version.

All I can say is... wow!

Excellent work! I love the new scoreboard, green background, etc...

Not that text sims are all about graphics, but you polished up everything really, really nice. This is after simming just one game... can't wait to really get back into it.

Yea, Padresfan helped immensely there. I think we are on to something with this community development thing :)

Thanks for posting the positive comments, it really makes my day.

HotCornerDave -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/15/2009 8:30:23 PM)

Downloading now...

Thanks to Shaun, Steve, and Al, for their work on this release.

Old Dog -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/15/2009 8:49:12 PM)

Well done Guys, and thanks.
Is installation a straight overlay, or uninstall/re-install ?
I believe what they say about "assume". That may be optimistic, though.

(There was an old correlary to "Murphy's Law" that stated "Murphy was an optimist".
This piece http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy%27s_law indicates that the correlary is known as Flanagan's Precept.)

Lou

Qrusher14242 -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/15/2009 9:23:41 PM)

Thanks Shaun! On Windows 7, it stopped at the end of the installation and just hung there, but it appeared to install everything. It stopped at some .wav file. But it was the last file i think. The game seems to run good

puresimmer -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/15/2009 10:17:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Old Dog

Well done Guys, and thanks.
Is installation a straight overlay, or uninstall/re-install ?
I believe what they say about "assume". That may be optimistic, though.

(There was an old correlary to "Murphy's Law" that stated "Murphy was an optimist".
This piece http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy%27s_law indicates that the correlary is known as Flanagan's Precept.)

Lou

No need to uninstall. Just straight overlay will be fine.

Orcin -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/16/2009 2:16:42 AM)

Installed and running perfectly on Vista 64. Great job!

Old Dog -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/16/2009 2:28:29 AM)

Excellent ! Thank you very much again !
Some of us might read the release notes prior to or during the download.
Have you considered putting a line or two about any specific install instructions in the release notes ?
One of two things will happen:
You'll receive fewer queries like mine today or
No one will ever read the release notes again [8|]

LetsPlay2 -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/16/2009 9:20:02 AM)

Looks great here !

Thanks Shaun and Crash !! [sm=00000436.gif][sm=00000436.gif][sm=00000436.gif]

Hard Sarge -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/16/2009 8:18:53 PM)

looks very good to me

just wish you would rework the relief pitchers, either speed up how long it takes to be able to pitch, or, make them pitch bad, if they are worn out

these guys are worn out/very worn out, and pitch like they headed into the Hall of Fame, get them when they are good or better, and they get hammered

overall, I think the thing is, it takes too long to recover after pitching (most short men can pitch a few days in a row, before getting tired)

a long man, should act as a starter if he pitches more then a inning or two

I think my complaints about ball flight distance, is graphic, I did have a guy get a 326 foot HR, only way was if he hit right down the line, but the graphic showed it to right center

Hacko -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/17/2009 2:11:43 AM)

First time poster. Been playing the game a few months now. Great game.

I updated to 1.80 last night over the 1.76b version and noticed 2 things that are missing:

1. There is no Injuries tab/button at the bottom of the screen in the Global options area. It makes it hard to be able to see all the injuries in the league without this button there. You have to go into each team's injury list to show them. Can we put this back in please.

2. It doesn't show in the box score who won-loss the game or holds and saves. It used to show this after the names of the pitchers, but after the latest update, it shows nothing but the names.

Again, great game, keep up the great work.

KG Erwin -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/17/2009 2:28:51 AM)

Hacko, the Injuries report is now accessed through the Stats/Reports page.

GNDN -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/17/2009 2:34:58 AM)

I am happy to see Vista suppoorted, I can move between my laptop and desktop again. Shaun, I seem to rememebr you trying or wanting to set up PS to run in a 1920 x 1200 resolution. I do not seem to see it the notes, were you able to make it happen?

Hacko -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/17/2009 2:38:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

Hacko, the Injuries report is now accessed through the Stats/Reports page.

Hey Thanks, I see it in that section now. Now we need to get the other problem I pointed out fixed.[:)]

Wrathchild -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/18/2009 2:56:48 AM)

I've just started my first game with 1.80 and this is the pregame screen I get. Any idea why it would look like this?

[image]local://upfiles/26758/0D5C1F941BD449078F3A245F60F7A254.jpg[/image]

Wrathchild -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/18/2009 3:00:31 AM)

Oh, and I second the return to the Box Score of the Win, Loss, Hold(s), and Save for the Pitcher section. Let's not start pulling things away with the modifications. I'd also like to see the return of the team's score in the boxes at the top of the Box Score, Visitor on the left, Home on the right.

puresimmer -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/18/2009 11:16:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wrathchild

I've just started my first game with 1.80 and this is the pregame screen I get. Any idea why it would look like this?

[image]local://upfiles/26758/0D5C1F941BD449078F3A245F60F7A254.jpg[/image]

That graphic was changed and for some reason it didn't overwrite yours. Typically this would only happen if yours had a later date.

Uninstall/re-install might be a good idea, because that is odd.

puresimmer -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/18/2009 11:18:27 AM)

quote:

Oh, and I second the return to the Box Score of the Win, Loss, Hold(s), and Save for the Pitcher section. Let's not start pulling things away with the modifications. I'd also like to see the return of the team's score in the boxes at the top of the Box Score, Visitor on the left, Home on the right.

It wasn't on purpose, just on oversight after the huge amounts of changes. It'll be back.

rich12545 -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/18/2009 3:58:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GNDN

I am happy to see Vista suppoorted, I can move between my laptop and desktop again. Shaun, I seem to rememebr you trying or wanting to set up PS to run in a 1920 x 1200 resolution. I do not seem to see it the notes, were you able to make it happen?

I was asking for that sort of thing. The way so many things are set up for a locked 1024x768 it's not likely to happen. I run in a window even if it is smaller.

rich12545 -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/18/2009 5:09:45 PM)

I just had a thought.  Shaun, would it work if you made the window re-sizable and it could stretch to fit the entire desktop?

Orcin -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/18/2009 9:22:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

quote:

It wasn't on purpose, just on oversight after the huge amounts of changes. It'll be back.

While you are looking at the box score... [;)]

I would love to see the pinch-hitters listed with a position of PH, and the players sorted in order of appearance within a given batting order position. In other words, if Bob Gibson were pitching, Bob Skinner pinch-hit for him, Ron Taylor replaced him, then Mike Shannon pinch-hit for Taylor, and Barney Schultz replaced Taylor on the mound, the box score would read...

Gibson P
Skinner PH
Taylor P
Shannon PH
Schultz P

instead of

Gibson P
Taylor P
Schultz P
Shannon P
Skinner P

as it does now.

SirWolf1960 -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/19/2009 2:52:48 AM)

One more small thing. I have a 12 team, two division association. The first year after the change, the other division had a tie, and there was a playoff game. But a few seasons later, my team was involved in a tie, and there was no playoff. It just put my team in the World Series.

Othere than that. 1.80 is working flawlessly for me.

Steve

Hacko -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/19/2009 4:55:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich12545

I just had a thought.  Shaun, would it work if you made the window re-sizable and it could stretch to fit the entire desktop?

This is a great idea, I play in windowed mode, because I don't like what it looks like in full screen mode. It would be nice to be able to stretch the screen though.

puresimmer -> RE: It's a Wrap! PureSim v1.80 Officially Released (8/19/2009 11:58:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hacko

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich12545

I just had a thought. Shaun, would it work if you made the window re-sizable and it could stretch to fit the entire desktop?

This is a great idea, I play in windowed mode, because I don't like what it looks like in full screen mode. It would be nice to be able to stretch the screen though.

Unfortunately it is a lot more work than that. There are tons of elements that are absolutely positioned at x,y coordinates, graphics that would need to be re-sized without losing fidelity etc..

I will say that the UI changes I have been making recently are all part of a plan to increase flexibility on this front. There are literally hundreds of screens and components that need to be considered.

I considering moving to a UI that looks and feels more like a web site, and reducing the amount of graphical backgrounds etc. This layout would pave the path to resolution independence.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI