Graphics?? Please help. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

rich12545 -> Graphics?? Please help. (11/1/2000 7:09:00 AM)

Just got this from CGW, installed and patched it to 4.4. Only problem I can see is the units are barely visible since they blend with the ground. Is there some way to make them contrast more? Thank you. ------------------

Warhorse -> (11/1/2000 7:44:00 AM)

Uhhh, sorry no, what size screen, and res. are you running, I don't understand why you can't see them well? ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

rich12545 -> (11/1/2000 10:12:00 AM)

I'm not sure I understand your question. I have a 19" monitor and it covers the entire screen. The game defaults to 800x600 res regardless of what I run. The problem is the units are just about the same color as the ground and they are difficult to impossible to make out.

Tankhead -> (11/1/2000 11:13:00 AM)

Hi there! Are you zoomed in all the way? I have a 19" monitor and have no ploblem seeing my units. In the battle screen just zoom in all the way. Unless you are colour blind and did not tell us, just wondering. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Mac_MatrixForum -> (11/1/2000 8:51:00 PM)

No problems here either. I think the visuals are great and the units aren't that difficult to spot. Some fog of war is nice too. [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img] Try putting the nationality flags on in the preferences. Helps to find that odd sniper. [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] ------------------ Markku "Mac" Rontu "Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Sheridan in B5

rich12545 -> (11/1/2000 8:51:00 PM)

Thanks for writing. I zoom in and out and can see them way better in and also when turning up the monitor brightness. But they still blend with the ground. If it wasn't for the numbers and + I wouldn't hardly be able to see some units at all. Btw, I'm not color blind.

Warhorse -> (11/1/2000 10:21:00 PM)

Forgot to ask, which ones in particular are hard to see? I am redoing most of the Soviet stuff, as the old ones were to 'smudgy'. Same with the U.S., although I have yet to start them!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

rich12545 -> (11/2/2000 2:41:00 AM)

Seems like some of the infantry, mortars and stuff like that are the hardest. I've been working so haven't been getting into it a whole lot yet. So far I've been very impressed. If this will be typical fare from Matrix they can count on my business. I wonder how the AI compares to CM. Does anybody know? If there was some way to outline them in yellow or something it would help. CM allows colored bases on the units, otherwise I sometimes have trouble there too.

Tom Proudfoot -> (11/2/2000 3:46:00 AM)

Using the unit flags might help you out a little. I think it is the / key. Tom

skukko -> (11/2/2000 4:00:00 AM)

Could it be easier in the start of your colonel-career just hit " G "-key for the next leader, " N "-key for the next platoon? Ever tried 'Rising Sun' without those ugly plates under the group? There you'll propably loose it all. Sorry, just trying to help...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI