Now crashing to desktop :( (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Windo von Paene -> Now crashing to desktop :( (11/1/2000 8:52:00 PM)

So I installed the 4.4 update last night, crossed my fingers, and fired up my Utah to the Rhine campaign, in the first "bocage battle". Played a turn or two, all seems to be going well. Then things started to happen. with an FO selected, I go to the bombard screen, and notice that I'm getting the crosshair icon all over the entire map! Well OK, let's see what happens when I select targets in various trouble spots, (well out of LOS of the FO). End turn, and here comes the artillery. Wham - Crashes to desktop... Hmm. Delete the steel.prf file and fire SPWAW up again. Same thing. So I say OK, I'll start a new campaign. pick "Preparing the way". Move units, end turn, artillery routine begins. Boom - Back at the desktop. The only other bit of information was that at one point, I tried to open a new PBEM game, and got a "Security Violation, Player 1 OOB corrupt" message, (I'm player 2 I think). I did quit between trying to open this and opening my campaign. Another note, where are the OOB files supposed to be? I find the majority of them in the Steel Panthers World at War folder, not in the OOB folder, which only contains a bunch of text files describing proposed changes to the various OOBs. any ideas appreciated...

Wild Bill -> (11/1/2000 9:36:00 PM)

OOB files go in the main directory, Windo. If you've deleted the steel.prf and no joy, and the problem persists, probably a reinstall is in order. I have noticed intermittent, rare crashes and have yet to be able to pinpoint the problem. It usually goes away when I restart the game and the scenario, campaign. WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

Warhorse -> (11/1/2000 10:17:00 PM)

Hey, I had a similar problem when I tried to continue a campaign thru build 4.3 from 4.2 or 1, I think, it was one of those! Only I got 2/3 of the map from left to right filled with mines, dragons teeth, barbed wire, etc, every hex, top to bottom! It went away when I deleted the campaign and started fresh, havent seen it since. Like Bill said, maybe reinstall? ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Don -> (11/2/2000 4:51:00 AM)

Before 4.4 I never had any crashes - since 4.4 I've had many crashes, mostly in scenario design. So I went back, re-downloaded the update, did a fresh install from 4.0 up to 4.4, and still had the crash problems. It happens mostly when I hit a button to exit one screen (like deploy), intending to go to another (like buy or map editor). The whole game would just disappear. When I downloaded the update the size of the file was supposed to be 5MB, but both times I got 4.3MB so I don't know if there is a problem there. Don

Kharan -> (11/2/2000 4:57:00 AM)

During my VCR testing I had many crashes (well not crashes but SPWAW just vanishes and returns you to desktop). They happened, like with Don, when I pressed Save, Deploy or Quit deploy in the menu at the beginning of a game.

Windo von Paene -> (11/2/2000 10:53:00 PM)

Well I uninstalled and reinstalled the 44Complete files, and was able to call in arty without a crash, so that's a good thing. Of course to test this I created a generated battle, meeting engagement, Soviets versus the Chinese communists. Let the computer buy and deploy both sides. Set in June or July 1941. At the end of the battle I saw that player 2, the Chinese had purchased the following: 1 scout car 1 armoured car 2 AAMGs of some type 3 Stokes Mortar squads 1 HQ What the hell? I had oodles of tanks and infantry. Very odd indeed. I did another right after that, and it appeared, (from the amount of time the cpu players turn lasted), that they actually had purchased units in that one, but I didn't play that one through to see...

Kharan -> (11/4/2000 6:45:00 AM)

Ach, this crashing bug is pretty annoying when you spend 15 minutes deploying and then press Quit deploy and SPWAW vanishes in the wind.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI