Airgroup Training at Warp Speed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

lazydawg -> Airgroup Training at Warp Speed (8/26/2009 2:43:09 AM)

Something seems to be fubar with airgroup training. Some groups will sit in training for weeks & not increase any skills and then there are instances where training seems to occur at warp speed. As an example check out the two attached save files for two consecutive days. On the first day, group VMF-121 (sitting in Spokane) has an average air skill of 56. On the next day the average air skill has jumped up to 80.

medicff -> RE: Airgroup Training at Warp Speed (8/26/2009 2:25:32 PM)

I have seen this also. It seems that the experience number goes up slowly (first one) then all of a sudden the skills that you were training in jump to 80's and 90's after a few week period. I seem to see this more on airunits that were set to training then shipped by ship or rail long distances.

lazydawg -> RE: Airgroup Training at Warp Speed (8/26/2009 2:38:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: medicff

I have seen this also. It seems that the experience number goes up slowly (first one) then all of a sudden the skills that you were training in jump to 80's and 90's after a few week period. I seem to see this more on airunits that were set to training then shipped by ship or rail long distances.

I agree that it may be related to moving the air unit. In the example I provided in my first post, the unit had been sitting in Seattle (or Tacoma) for several weeks but it wasn't getting any skill increases from training. I moved it to Spokane and "boom" it trained up in one day.

michaelm75au -> RE: Airgroup Training at Warp Speed (8/26/2009 3:06:54 PM)

The skill updating was only happening when a pilot landed his plane after a combat mission.
So even though he was training and his skill accumulating, you did not see the results until the "landing".

Addressed in the patch to apply the skill update independently of landing a plane.

lazydawg -> RE: Airgroup Training at Warp Speed (8/26/2009 3:25:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

The skill updating was only happening when a pilot landed his plane after a combat mission.
So even though he was training and his skill accumulating, you did not see the results until the "landing".

Addressed in the patch to apply the skill update independently of landing a plane.

Thanks !

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI