new items (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Mods

primalplow -> new items (8/28/2009 4:23:41 AM)

whats the easiest way to go about adding weapons or equipment to the game?

Reinforce -> RE: new items (8/28/2009 6:25:43 PM)

For a weapon you add it to the weapons table. Then to the Shop list. Then add the discription files for it... That's pretty well it unless you have a custom skin or icon.
Items are all pretty well the same.

So for an example my Hello Kitty XM8... Don't ask I like it.
I added a copy of the nomal XM8 but called it HKXM8 to the weapons table and changed when it shows to 10/0 so I can get it at the start of the game.
Then I made a custom hue skin for it and added that to the weapons skins folder I don't remember the path of the top of my head.
Went back to the weapons table and changed the skin name for my weapon to the name of my new skin namely Hello Kitty XM8.
Then I went off and added it to the shop lists and gave it a discription file.
Booted the game and I'm now Pew Pewing in pink style.

That's how you add a weapon albet abit advanced as I don't think you'll have a custom skin/texture.. paint job whatever you wanna call it.

All items pretty well follow the same list unless it's totaly new. Other wise like I said it's add to it's respective file then add to the shop lists and it should be good. When I first started doing it it seemed very daunting but after afew times I could plug in the files and numbers in afew min.

Much Love,
Reinforce

primalplow -> RE: new items (8/31/2009 2:34:49 AM)

ok, i think I know how to add new weapons. still haven't found where the skins are. anyone know where they are? and also I'd like to add new armor and new weapons upgrades eg: barrel extenstion, muzzle/flash suppressor, bipod. and what items are supposed to go in the face area of my guys. or is that something they left out of the game. and is it possible to add anything for that?

Reinforce -> RE: new items (8/31/2009 3:24:41 AM)

Skins are in the Texture folder if I recall. Don't have this game installed atm sadly... working on redoing my PC.

Armor is added the same was as weapons. Pretty well everythings added the same way save for ammo which you need to add a bullet for then make the clips in the clips file.

Muzzle/Flash suppressers are already in the game. The rest you can add but just a heads up you can't add new fields to the weapons for them... Seems to be a hardcoded issues. So you can't add say a Forward grip and add a forward grip field to the weapon that'll just not work or blow up hard to say was 50/50 with me. Oddly too adding new Underberral weapons never worked for me eather... or makeing a weapon take more then one ammo type ala the OICW.

Face area? I don't understand what you mean.

Much Love,
Reinforce

primalplow -> RE: new items (8/31/2009 3:29:45 AM)

when you go to equip your guys there are two slots in the upper left hand corner pointing to the face area

Reinforce -> RE: new items (8/31/2009 3:31:31 AM)

Oh that ya. One I assume is for a mask or NV goggles but it was never enabled. The other is for a helmet or hat.

Much Love,
Reinforce

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI