Should units named after places be static? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

fbs -> Should units named after places be static? (9/2/2009 1:59:40 PM)

Example: "Hawaiian USAAF"; you can move it around (I don't intend to), but then it will look odd to have the Hawaii USAAF Air HQ located in New Guinea instead of Hawaii...

Another example: I can walk my Merak Base Force, Kalidjati Base Force and a bunch of other base forces in Java and walk all of them to Batavia. It will look odd that Merak Base Force is no longer in Merak...

If a unit is named after a place, then it should be static to that place; if a unit can walk, then it should have a number, I think so... [:D]

Cheers [:D]
fbs

tanjman -> RE: Should units named after places be static? (9/2/2009 2:12:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fbs

Example: "Hawaiian USAAF"; you can move it around (I don't intend to), but then it will look odd to have the Hawaii USAAF Air HQ located in New Guinea instead of Hawaii...

Another example: I can walk my Merak Base Force, Kalidjati Base Force and a bunch of other base forces in Java and walk all of them to Batavia. It will look odd that Merak Base Force is no longer in Merak...

If a unit is named after a place, then it should be static to that place; if a unit can walk, then it should have a number, I think so... [:D]

Cheers [:D]
fbs

In scenario 1 Hawaiian USAAF renames to Seventh USAAF on 420201.

donkey_roxor -> RE: Should units named after places be static? (9/2/2009 2:14:11 PM)

But the fact is that historically, they probably could move. If, e.g., Merak was going to fall, it's certainly plausible that elements of or the entire Merak BF would have been evacuated elsewhere.

rockmedic109 -> RE: Should units named after places be static? (9/2/2009 2:20:20 PM)

Some of the named Dutch Base Forces are part of a larger Base Force.  THey recombine into North and South Base Force.  If you need justification to move them away from their named area, you could move them to recombine them.

fbs -> RE: Should units named after places be static? (9/2/2009 2:58:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tanjman

In scenario 1 Hawaiian USAAF renames to Seventh USAAF on 420201.

Oh, that's a good point.

fbs -> RE: Should units named after places be static? (9/2/2009 2:59:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rockmedic109

Some of the named Dutch Base Forces are part of a larger Base Force.  THey recombine into North and South Base Force.  If you need justification to move them away from their named area, you could move them to recombine them.

That's another good point

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI