Anyone going to Origins? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

pwdood -> Anyone going to Origins? (6/12/2002 6:34:27 PM)

I signed up despite the lack of any exhibiting Computer Wargaming Companies.

I asked the organizers about the lack of computer folk compared to previous years; they told me they sent out applications to all the major computer wargaming companies, but noone signed up.

The War College looks pretty cool; the main reason I am going this year.

Gabby -> excited about Origins (6/12/2002 7:53:30 PM)

This year will be my seventh consective Origins. It is always a good time.

Over the last few years I have seen very few Computer game companies, which is a bit disapointing. I think it was in '96 I remember several companies there including SSI and Talonsoft, but that no longer seems to be the case.

Maybe things will get better for computer game companies now that Wizards of the Coast is no longer running the show, but don't get me started on them.

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (6/12/2002 10:07:26 PM)

Wargaming software, hard to say where Origins is concerned.

Origins is about "new" gernerally speaking.

Now of course I was in an Electronics Boutique location just yesterday and how about that that, I actually saw 2 wargames on the shelf. In this case it was Panzer Elite, and Middle East Conflict, both looked good from a look at the box perspective, although Middle East Conflict might be more in line with the type of game I will actually play.

Don't mind saying though, I normally walk into the EB location just to reassure myself that "yes, yet another time there are no wargames being sold in retail".

I must say though, I have never been to Origins, but I doubt I would go there at all if wargaming was the reason for going. Those days seem gone where Origins would interest a wargamer like myself.

Rolegaming might get me to a major convention (if I had the cash in the first place, and that won't happen, so the point is moot).
But other than a sudden flood of everyone jumping on the d20 system bandwagen releases for the rolegaming universe... nothing interesting is happening in rolegaming either (my opinion).

You can only make a wheel so many ways.

VictorH -> Origins - Who Cares (6/13/2002 9:36:39 AM)

I haven't been to Origins for ages. They don't have many good board game tourny's anymore and don't even think about a Computer War Game let alone a tourny.

A hint at my age, I went to an Origins and won a Diplomacy Tourny so long ago they used the version of that game with the Wooden Ships and Armee's!

Not Origins, but I went to Lake Geneve Wisconsin for GenCon when Gary Gygax, and the real live D & D guys ran it. I was even a guest at Gary Gygax's home. I won a Napoleonic Minature Tourny and a KingMaker Tourny that year.

Erik Rutins -> Origins! (6/15/2002 7:46:03 AM)

Well, we may be there this year. It's looking pretty good last I heard... If anyone here goes, stop in and visit us! :)

Regards,

- Erik

mogami -> Why is it (6/15/2002 8:31:03 AM)

Hi, Why is it that if there are two things you would like to do they always take place at the same time? Columbus is right down the road, but The World Open also takes place during that time period. About the only Chess tourny I still play in.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI