New WW1 scenario coming out (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

ZeroAntipop -> New WW1 scenario coming out (6/13/2002 12:54:40 PM)

Based around a German early 1916 offensive southeast of St. Digner. . .Divisional-level, so expect a long play time, and lots of artillery.

Larry Holt -> (6/13/2002 10:47:05 PM)

Much WWI artillery did not have the recoil absorbers that were developed by WWII, also infantry to artillery communications were more primative (some wire was used) so I would recommend that artillery and FO experience levels be low to reflect the lower WWI accuracy.

Infantry in Battle is an excellent reference for WWI combat and has a section on artillery.

ZeroAntipop -> (6/14/2002 3:42:44 AM)

Actually. . .I have taken radios away from all but btn. hq units so that units cannot call in artillery, only the head commander can. I am having to retool it to boost German morale up heavily so that they don't get stopped about 5 hexes away. . .In WW1 you advanced. In my test run casualties (which were mostly artillery for Germans, infantry shooting for French) turned out to be 750 Germans and 1643 French. . .And both sides still had vast amounts left. It took me about 2.5 hours to play through.

Gavris Narcis -> (6/15/2002 8:03:41 PM)

And where can I find this scenario to download ?

Leo.

ZeroAntipop -> (6/16/2002 3:14:31 AM)

It hasn't quite been released yet, hoping to get it released soon. I have to make a few more OOB changes (it deals with changed OOBs)...ummm, hopefully before I leave for Europe next wednesday, if not hold on a few more weeks. I have to find someone to host it as well.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI