RE: Panzer General Fan (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Operation Barbarossa: The Struggle for Russia

Obsolete -> RE: Panzer General Fan (9/13/2009 11:07:45 AM)

quote:

the final PGII installment "Scorched Earth"

Actually, that was part of the PG3D installment.  The best in the 3D series, but still suffered from a crutial anti-tank CTD problem, which despite being fixed a bit from the earlier Assault release, was so game-breaking that all PGIII clubs banned the use of anti-tank guns.  Needless to say, this put quite a big damp on the game, as it really hurt the whole rock-paper-scissors strategy.

PoorOldSpike -> RE: Panzer General Fan (9/21/2009 7:42:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Adam Parker

I bought 3 matrix games these past weeks - how about you?

I haven't bought a Matrix game in my life because I get them all free, I'm a Press Reviewer..;)
I also review other companies games and simulations including software used by the military which I get sent for free.
Glad somebody values my opinions..;)

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/FGMForum/forumdisplay.php?f=87

rjh1971 -> RE: Panzer General Fan (9/22/2009 11:45:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: J P Falcon

Panzer General II has/had one of the most active modding communities around and I still fire the game up from time to time....I am not sure if I am allowed to post links to PG2 mod sites here so I wont, but a simple GOOGLE search will yield the necessary results....

For those of you interested in PG, (my favourite game from 1998-2004) Google "The Latin Generals" and then switch into english or if you know spanish leave it, and also google "Luis Tools", you'll get access to some beautiful pages full of mods, maps scenarios, campaigns and all kind of stuff pg fans may want. They also have links to more pg webpages.

Hope you like and enjoy them.

Bty this game is a temptation to buy. Will take a closer look at the forum before most probably ordering it. [:)]

Rocko911 -> RE: Panzer General Fan (9/30/2009 4:09:55 AM)

This is not really like Panzer General.

Ronald Wendt -> RE: Panzer General Fan (9/30/2009 7:35:23 AM)

Hello,

quote:

ORIGINAL: LRRP

This is not really like Panzer General.

indeed Operation Barbarossa is not Panzer General - its a game of its own with an obvious link to those games.

qy_panzer -> RE: Panzer General Fan (9/30/2009 2:34:28 PM)

this is really game like pg, but much more improved than pg.

maddogatc -> RE: Panzer General Fan (11/3/2009 4:21:24 PM)

I have been a Panzer General 2 fan for many years and have played numerous upgrade mods and user made campaigns/scenarios/maps. It is an excellent game that has aged well. I have yet to see new war game produced that I have more enjoyed and spent more time on. An excellent web site for mods and user made campaign is called Steve's PG 2 Campaign page. Tons of user made campaigns and lots of instructions on mods and how to use them. It is kept up to date and in my opinion is one of the best PG2 mod sites out there. Here is the link: http://hosted.wargamer.com/pg2campaigns/steve/pg2.htm

I have been waiting for years for new WW2 strategy war game to come out that is easy to learn yet challenging, addictive and just a pure joy to play. Maybe I will try Operation Barbarossa and see what it is like.

Ronald Wendt -> RE: Panzer General Fan (11/4/2009 7:40:27 AM)

Hello,

quote:

ORIGINAL: maddogatc
Maybe I will try Operation Barbarossa and see what it is like.

good idea ! Its time to grab Operation Barbarossa mod the hell out of it. [;)]

Btw. the German modders started a workshop on converting CIV modells für OB:

Workshop (in German)

and are planning an Afrika Mod for the game.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI