Air Group Patrol Levels (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

dereck -> Air Group Patrol Levels (9/12/2009 6:00:16 PM)

Okay I'm easily confused so this may be a simple post but can someone explain to me the patrol levels settings?

Do they exists for each specific type of mission (i.e. a Naval Search can have ASW/Search/Train/Rest settings that are different from ASW?) or are they global?

And how does a ASW/Search setting interract with a Naval Attack setting?

Thanks

Chickenboy -> RE: Air Group Patrol Levels (9/12/2009 6:53:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dereck

Okay I'm easily confused so this may be a simple post but can someone explain to me the patrol levels settings?

Do they exists for each specific type of mission (i.e. a Naval Search can have ASW/Search/Train/Rest settings that are different from ASW?) or are they global?

And how does a ASW/Search setting interract with a Naval Attack setting?

Thanks

I believe if you had your primary mission selected as Naval Attack (on the main A/C unit screen) and then selected mission profile settings on the next screen (e.g., ASW %, Search %, recon %, etc.) that Naval Attack will constitute the balance of your actions that have not been preassigned to one of the other mission profiles.

Example: You set Naval Attack on the main screen, but on the follow screen you set 50% Naval SEARCH (and the search arc) and 20% REST, then the remaining 30% is assigned as a possibility for Naval Attack opportunities that present themselves.

I'm not sure I follow your first question-sorry.

dereck -> RE: Air Group Patrol Levels (9/12/2009 7:05:06 PM)

OK I guess I was confused myself and thought there was a global setting that covered all missions. So the settings for a Naval Attack Mission are completely independent from a Naval Search Mission.

The only other question I have is HOW to to set the search arch. I hear about a search arc screen but I don't see it.

Thanks.

Panjack -> RE: Air Group Patrol Levels (9/12/2009 7:08:33 PM)

The following examples might be relevant to your question. These are updated from
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2236529
with the feedback of Medicff:

Group mission = Naval attack
patrol levels: ASW/Search/Train/Rest = 0

--> depending on passing various checks, 100% of available planes will attempt naval attack (if one is available and dependent on various checks, etc).

Group mission = Naval attack;
patrol levels: ASW/Search/Train = 0 but rest = 20

--> 80% of planes will attempt naval attack and 20% of crews play cards.

patrol levels: ASW/Search = 0 but Train/Rest = 20

--> 60% of planes will attempt naval attack, 20% of crews play cards, and 20% will do general training (and not training for the assigned mission, Naval attack).

Group mission = Train;
training mission = recon
patrol levels: Train = 60

--> 60% of planes will train for recon while 40% will rest.

patrol levels: ASW/Search/Train = 20 and rest = 40

--> 0 planes will attempt the assigned mission, naval attack!, 20% will do ASW, 20% will do Search, 20% will do general training, and 40% of crews play cards.

dereck -> RE: Air Group Patrol Levels (9/13/2009 2:59:33 AM)

Can someone tell me how to determine the search vectors? I'm not sure what the 0 - 360 equate to as far as the 6 hexes surrounding the location of the airgroup.

Thanks

witpqs -> RE: Air Group Patrol Levels (9/13/2009 4:05:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dereck

Can someone tell me how to determine the search vectors? I'm not sure what the 0 - 360 equate to as far as the 6 hexes surrounding the location of the airgroup.

Thanks

You can get finer than the six adjacent hexes by moving further away when you click. BTW, the arc is defined CLOCKWISE. Meaning that when you LEFT-CLICK you start the clock, it moves clockwise to where you RIGHT-CLICK, which stops the clock (so to speak).

To see a guide of the 360 degree compass look at the legend in the upper right hand corner of the map. They have a nice compass rose there for you to refer to when you need to double check.

dereck -> RE: Air Group Patrol Levels (9/13/2009 4:59:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

To see a guide of the 360 degree compass look at the legend in the upper right hand corner of the map. They have a nice compass rose there for you to refer to when you need to double check.

Not sure if we have different versions or what but I see no compass on the map anywhere which is one thing that prompted my question about the vectors in the first place.

Sonny II -> RE: Air Group Patrol Levels (9/13/2009 8:57:18 AM)

In the upper right hand corner of the full map.

[image]local://upfiles/23665/9135E877AF35468094229F886E89AD8B.jpg[/image]

witpqs -> RE: Air Group Patrol Levels (9/13/2009 4:54:09 PM)

Even though technically in plain site it's hidden in the vastness of the untraveled northern latitudes! [:D]

dereck -> RE: Air Group Patrol Levels (9/13/2009 5:57:32 PM)

I've noticed a lot of search plane squadrons are assigned naval search but for search vectors it shows starting 0 and ending 0. Does that mean it's searching 360 degrees or what?

There's simply too much micromanaging now and too little documentation in the manual about all this.

Hokum -> RE: Air Group Patrol Levels (9/13/2009 7:00:43 PM)

quote:

I've noticed a lot of search plane squadrons are assigned naval search but for search vectors it shows starting 0 and ending 0. Does that mean it's searching 360 degrees or what?

That's it. And I'm pretty sure officers aren't bright enough to cancel search missions overland by themselves.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI