How to use landing craft? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

pat.casey -> How to use landing craft? (9/13/2009 9:11:02 PM)

I think I'm missing something about how to use landing craft (as the allies) so I was hoping somebody here could help me out.

I have a couple of divisions in Parshimo Jimo.

I want to invade Salkin island.

I have lots of supplies as Parshimo Jimo, so if I mash "get landing craft" enough times I can build up 100 or some miscellaneous landing craft. Onto these I can load a lot of my infantry, but little or no cargo.

Problem is, most of these landing craft have ranges of like 5 so they can't make it to Salkin Island unless I send a couple of AKs along in another task force as "tenders".

Is this the expected way to use landing craft? Seems a bit odd to think of my guys loading onto amtracks and sailing a week across the north pacific before making landfall.

FOW -> RE: How to use landing craft? (9/13/2009 10:07:04 PM)

Use the various landing craft for invasions in an island chain, such as Solomons or Philippines. They represent the boats used by the independent boat regiments. For short inter-island hops only.
For your push to Sakhalin you should use APAs and AKAs (they have landing craft as an organic part of the ship so not represented individually hence their amphibious bonus over other ships) or the ocean going landing ships (LST, LSM, LCI).

See table 6.3.2.5 on page 121, troops on landing craft gain 90 fatigue a day, compared to 2 on an APA/AKA. Not a good idea for a week long voyage - your troops will not be in a fit state to fight - and any peasant with a pitchfork could rout a whole division [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI