max react (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Athius -> max react (9/16/2009 7:45:21 PM)

I was reading the manual but I still do not understand how the max reaction works:

1. What does max reaction do , exactly?
2.is the max reaction the limiting factor?( for example, if I set my TF to max react 0, does that mean that he'll have infinite reaction while, if I set max react at 2 he won't engage targets more than 2 hexes away?)

3. What settings do you recommand?

Thank for answering,

Jasper

TheTomDude -> RE: max react (9/16/2009 7:53:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Athius

I was reading the manual but I still do not understand how the max reaction works:

1. What does max reaction do , exactly?
2.is the max reaction the limiting factor?( for example, if I set my TF to max react 0, does that mean that he'll have infinite reaction while, if I set max react at 2 he won't engage targets more than 2 hexes away?)

3. What settings do you recommand?

Thank for answering,

Jasper

A TF set to react 1-6 will react to enemys within this range. Means combat TFs will move towards the enemy to get into attack range.
A surface TF will try to get into the same hex and attack.
A Carrier TF will get into attack range for its planes.
React 0 means the TF will not react and carry on its mission.
Don't know if "react" works for ASW TFs and subs. Haven't seen it happen yet.

John Lansford -> RE: max react (9/16/2009 8:04:55 PM)

I've had ASW TF's react onto spotted subs, but the detection level has to be very high and the react range only 1-2 hexes for it to work.

Athius -> RE: max react (9/16/2009 8:27:48 PM)

Ok, thanks!

Tazo -> RE: max react (9/16/2009 11:04:36 PM)

Have seen subs wih react radius 3-6 pursue convoy TFs for a few days, now I reduce a little bit to avoid wolf packs behind running secondary targets instead of hunting along their patroling zone.

TZ

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI