v1.84 Release Candidate 4 Available (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

puresimmer -> v1.84 Release Candidate 4 Available (9/25/2009 12:37:32 PM)

Warning RC4 is not an official release, do not install if you are not interested in helping test the latest cutting edge features.

Download RC4

View RC4 Release Notes

Please put all RC4 bug / issues in this thread, thanks.

HotCornerDave -> RE: v1.84 Release Candidate 4 Available (9/25/2009 12:55:26 PM)

Thanks Shaun, and Steve. Downloading now. I'm looking forward to more testing. And as much as I hate to do so, I will re-install IE8. [:'(]

CrashDavis -> RE: v1.84 Release Candidate 4 Available (9/25/2009 3:47:15 PM)

My apologies guys but I did not get my revisions to Shaun that fixed the Expansion problem before this release went out.

PadresFan104 -> RE: v1.84 Release Candidate 4 Available (9/25/2009 5:28:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CrashDavis

My apologies guys but I did not get my revisions to Shaun that fixed the Expansion problem before this release went out.

Slacker. [;)]

rjolley -> RE: v1.84 Release Candidate 4 Available (9/25/2009 6:04:52 PM)

Thanks for the update.

One thing about requiring IE8: I won't be able to have the game on my work laptop. The company actually won't support IE8 yet. So, I hope you put off the requiring of IE8 for a bit. :)

buchanan_jm -> RE: v1.84 Release Candidate 4 Available (9/25/2009 6:13:52 PM)

I'm having trouble accessing the almanac through my team's front office page.  It says no almanac exists when I click on "browse team history."  When I go to the almanac link, it comes right up, but when I click on html almanac, it says opening but never opens.  Until you click control-alt-delete, and then it comes right up.

dickpierce -> RE: v1.84 Release Candidate 4 Available (9/25/2009 7:23:59 PM)

I'm having sort of the same problem as buchanan. I click on Almanac and then HTML Almanac and I get the "loading, please wait" screen. You have to hit ctrl-alt-del to get in. Also, if you go to the Season Browser screen, and then click on any team in the All Stars and Top Salaries section, you get a Program cannot display the Webpage message. Also, the Top Salaries section of the current year in both the HTML almanac and Season Brwser Screen seem to be screwy.

buchanan_jm -> RE: v1.84 Release Candidate 4 Available (9/25/2009 7:36:58 PM)

And I also just experienced a problem with the season browser.  I got a run time error (I can't remember the number 5? 8?).  Anyway, I control-alt-deleted, opened the debug program, which opened the game back up.  I'm not sure I'm using the debug correctly because I was never prompted to send an error report.  Once the game opened up through the debug program, I went back to the season browser, and it seemed to work fine.  I don't know if any of that means anything, but there it is.

KG Erwin -> RE: v1.84 Release Candidate 4 Available (9/26/2009 12:17:33 AM)

Oops, the season browser is a bit off-kilter. Note that while the Pirates have won more games, by percentage points the Cards should be 2nd in the NL Central standings.

[image]local://upfiles/813/B0FB41AB1E0342A38FF0E41EC6E26C40.jpg[/image]

puresimmer -> RE: v1.84 Release Candidate 4 Available (9/26/2009 10:34:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dickpierce

I'm having sort of the same problem as buchanan. I click on Almanac and then HTML Almanac and I get the "loading, please wait" screen. You have to hit ctrl-alt-del to get in. Also, if you go to the Season Browser screen, and then click on any team in the All Stars and Top Salaries section, you get a Program cannot display the Webpage message. Also, the Top Salaries section of the current year in both the HTML almanac and Season Brwser Screen seem to be screwy.

Thanks, I just fixed this.

eric517 -> RE: v1.84 Release Candidate 4 Available (9/26/2009 3:42:35 PM)

A couple of things I am seeing. I am running a fictional association starting in 1972.

There is a problem with the financial structure. Teams are only spending half of their budget . . . but they can't spend anymore than that since the player demands are too low. I don't have high-priced players sitting in free agency, they just seem to be not asking for enough.

The amateur draft is looking a little strange, too. There are too many scrubs being selected when there are legitimate players there in the draft pool. Obviously, money is not a problem for these teams, so that's not the issue. I have no data to back the following claim but here it is anyway . . . it seems like the amateur draft AI has been getting worse with these recent releases. I will try to do a little research today and post what exactly I'm seeing in the draft.

eric517 -> RE: v1.84 Release Candidate 4 Available (9/26/2009 4:45:02 PM)

Okay, here is my review of the 1973 amateur draft with 20 teams selecting . . .

1st Round - 2 Scrubs
2nd Round - 3 Scrubs
3rd Round - 8 Scrubs
4th Round - 13 Scrubs
5th Round - 8 Scrubs

Why would a team select any of these scrubs? These are guys with a ratings range of 2-11 in the different categories. They also range in age from 31 to 38. These players are not being selected because of financial constraints or lack of quality players available. I will continue on with this association and see if this continues or not.

jff1515155 -> RE: v1.84 Release Candidate 4 Available (9/26/2009 7:34:25 PM)

Any idea when the ability to expand the association will be re-enabled????

CrashDavis -> RE: v1.84 Release Candidate 4 Available (9/26/2009 8:40:31 PM)

quote:

Any idea when the ability to expand the association will be re-enabled????

Submitted revisions for it this afternoon. Shaun has to look it over. And I gave him alot to look over.

CrashDavis -> RE: v1.84 Release Candidate 4 Available (9/26/2009 8:41:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PadresFan104

quote:

ORIGINAL: CrashDavis

Slacker. [;)]

LMAO. I know, I feel so inadequate. [:D]

rjolley -> RE: v1.84 Release Candidate 4 Available (9/26/2009 10:04:10 PM)

In the Season Browser, if I click anywhere except a link, I get a Run-time error 5: Invalid procedure call or argument.

Also, about the Season Browser, is it possible to make the fields sortable? I know there's a plugin for Firefox that allows you to manipulate tables. Does IE have something similar?

Edit: Just updated an old association which is at the FA period. I went to look at my current roster in the FA screen and got a Run-time error 13: Type mismatch. Restarted and tried the same thing and got the same error, along with an additional popup.

The exception Floating-point inexact result.
(0xc000008f) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812a6b.

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

I clicked on OK to terminate.

Rick

rjolley -> RE: v1.84 Release Candidate 4 Available (9/27/2009 1:07:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: eric517

Okay, here is my review of the 1973 amateur draft with 20 teams selecting . . .

1st Round - 2 Scrubs
2nd Round - 3 Scrubs
3rd Round - 8 Scrubs
4th Round - 13 Scrubs
5th Round - 8 Scrubs

Why would a team select any of these scrubs? These are guys with a ratings range of 2-11 in the different categories. They also range in age from 31 to 38. These players are not being selected because of financial constraints or lack of quality players available. I will continue on with this association and see if this continues or not.

I agree this is an issue. Started an association in 1970 with real players. Ran through the season to the amateur draft. I selected #6 and George Brett was available. Ok, so they didn't value Brett like I did although his ratings were top notch for the class. One player I noticed selected before him was Bill Almon. Sure, the team may have needed a shortstop, but there were other options at shortstop who were better. My second round pick? Frank Tanana. Third round? Bob Forsch. Fourth round? Rick Burleson, who looks to be one of the shortstops that will be better than Bill Almon. For the fifth round, I tried to look at my roster and got an error. I was able to continue the draft after that and grabbed Dennis Leonard.

Now, those names mean something to me since they're real players, but I saw quite a few low-rated players signed. I shouldn't be able to sign those players as fourth and fifth round picks, especially when I see scrubs going in the second round. Not unless we've got the baseball equivalents of Matt Millen and Isiah Thomas drafting. :)

Edit: In the association I restarted after getting an error during the draft, I clicked to start the FA period and was told there are no pending offers and no teams interested. Never got into the FA screen at all.

rjolley -> RE: v1.84 Release Candidate 4 Available (9/27/2009 3:51:57 AM)

One other thing...for the Gold Glove and Pure Slugger stories in PSPN, can you add the team names?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI