Editor Question--Rivers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

Eirhead -> Editor Question--Rivers (9/27/2009 1:35:39 PM)

Been playing with the editor for a while but this is my first attempt at a full game.
Trying my hand at a Market-Garden scenerio and was wondering the best way to stop tanks/trucks crossing rivers without bridges.[&:]
Should I line rivers with swamp hexes? Create "new" river terrain? or is there a way to increase the movement cost over the default river hexes?
I was thinking of not using production,only reinforcements with engineers for the allies after a few turns.
Maybe MG isn't the best battle to use, with para drops, supply issues, and river/bridge problems so any advice would be welcome.
Thanks in advance

Tufkal2 -> RE: Editor Question--Rivers (9/27/2009 1:42:11 PM)

You can set the cost to cross unbridged rivers separately for all SFTypes (under River -> River Types -> Move-over-penalties ). So it is straightforward to set this to 9999 for armour so armor will not be able to cross. I think you will additionally make sure that also land and strategic transfer will not allow tanks to be transported over bridges in order to avoid this, too (or maybe disallow transfer over bridges altogether).
Sounds like a challenging and interesting setup.
Good luck modding.

Eirhead -> RE: Editor Question--Rivers (9/27/2009 2:36:22 PM)

Yeah,I may have bitten off more than I can chew (like Monty)but it should give me a good work out with the finer points of the editor.
Thanks for the advice with the Strat. transfers,I don't use them much when I play, so I hadn't thought of that.

Eirhead -> RE: Editor Question--Rivers (9/27/2009 3:13:17 PM)

When I go to River> River type> Move Penalties, I can see the move cost but can't change it.
Doesn't seem to be an option for that,what am I doing wrong?
Would it be easier to create new river and canal sprites with new movement penalties?

british exil -> RE: Editor Question--Rivers (9/27/2009 3:25:15 PM)

Eirhead maybe a bridge too far??[;)]

Tufkal2 -> RE: Editor Question--Rivers (9/27/2009 3:25:38 PM)

You need to disconnect the masterfile first which is explained e.g. here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1612132&mpage=1&key=Masterfile%2CFill%2Cfunction&#1612132

I also recommend to check out the excellent scenario creation docs on the Advanced Tactics website in case you have not done so yet.

Eirhead -> RE: Editor Question--Rivers (9/27/2009 3:43:29 PM)

Wow that was easy once I knew what to do,thought I'd tried everything,didn't know about the masterfile.
Thanks Lunaticus,I'm flipping back between editor & forum,I've read some of the docs but also trial & (mostly) error.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI