Night Bombardment TFs are not retiring (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support

Rex Bellator -> Night Bombardment TFs are not retiring (6/16/2002 10:05:02 PM)

I can't recall seeing this in v1.00 but it has happened to me 3 times as the Allies in v1.10. A bombardment TF set to Retirement Allowed AFAIK should be running into the target at night and away by daybreak.

However, once at Gili Gili and twice at Lunga the TF has stayed on overnight at the target and become a straight Surface Combat TF. The Gili Gili TF was murdered by Rabaul LBAs that morning!

Has anyone else seen this? I can't find a reference to it in the patch update text so I don't think it is supposed to be happening. OTOH it could just be me missing something obvious...

Rex Bellator -> (6/17/2002 5:48:19 AM)

:eek: Just happened again at Gili Gili. They bombarded and didn't pull out, just sat there as a Surface TF into the morning. Rabaul LBA then murdered them.

They definitely had Retirement Allowed set.

victor semensi -> Me too. (6/17/2002 8:13:38 AM)

I thought it was something I was doing but I'm seeing the same thing.
My retirement allowed, do not react to enemy, bombardment group stayed at enemy held Gili Gili for the day and got pasted by Rabaul Bettys. I'm also noticing that my PT boats out of Lunga stay in the same hex after making a night attack with retirement allowed. Before the patch they seemed to attack and sprint back to base, now they stay for the day and often run out of fuel on the way back. I have less experience with PT's but to me the bombardment groups are behaving differently with the patch.

Judging from the Tokyo Express thread there seems to be a problem with the 'Retirement allowed' command in the patch.

Another problem I have:

I set up a computer controlled tanker convoy to constant supply Lunga from Noumea. Every time it leaves Noumea it travels 4 hexes and stops for good. The only way I can get it to continue on is to set it to human control.

ExNavyDoc -> (6/17/2002 8:34:38 AM)

I've been seeing this also.

Bombardment TF's bombard, then "convert" to Surface Action TF's, and DO NOT retire.

I've been playing Scenario 16 pre and post patch using the same strategy and tactics i.e. TF composed of CA's Chester, San Francisco, Australia, Canberra, and a bunch of DD's is set up to bombard Lunga and Tulagi. Pre patch, they would bombard and retire. Post patch, they do not. Luckily, the Nells and Bettys out of Rabaul have not been able to locate them to attack.

I have run this "Luganville Express" numerous times over the past several game days with the same results.

The same thing has happened with an all-DD TF I sent into Gili-Gili. They WERE hit by Bettys with one sunk and one heavily damaged. I double checked the bombardment settings and "Retirement Allowed". Post-bombardment, they automatically switched to Surface Combat and did not retire.

I believe it is a bug introduced with the patch.

Thanks,

Doc

Wilson ESQ -> The Same (6/17/2002 7:27:59 PM)

I'm having the same problem! Love the game and the new patch, but this one is a problem. Matrix, I need help before I lose all my ships at PM. Keep up the good work. This only started after I downloaded the patch, if that helps.

pompac -> More of the same (6/17/2002 9:13:33 PM)

I have observed the same thing. I played with different combinations of mission and retire/patrol and also observed that cargo missions don't retire after unloading their cargo at the destination. Like the Bombardment Mission, they just sit in the hex with the Destination field unchanged.

elmo3 -> (6/17/2002 9:40:12 PM)

I just confirmed the bombardment problem too. Started a new Coral Sea with the patch. Sent a TF to bombard Tulagi, retirement allowed, which it accomplished. The TF then converted to Surface Combat and stayed at Tulagi.

bradfordkay -> (6/18/2002 11:09:35 AM)

It might be happening to the AI as well. I just had a jap bombardment group stay at Lunga to be blasted by 3 CVs worth of Dauntlesses. It's possible that this group was sent as a surface TF with do not retire chosen, but that would be the first I've ever seen in my limited experience with the game so far (just about 3 1/2 months of game time).

rhohltjr -> not so quick anymore. (6/18/2002 8:02:39 PM)

This Retirement allowed bug is not just about
warships. My transports w/retirement allowed sorte to Port Moresby, deliver the load and then apparently the crews go bar hoppin and hell raising. Cause they wait until I have to manually
click on 'Return to Brisbane'(equals send shore patrol to round up crews?) Retirement allowed was better in the vrs. 1.00 guys. Minor thing I am sure. Will eventually get refixed.

btw: This even happens to the 'Routine convoys'.

Thank you Mtx / 2x3 team.

regards,
RHJ :)

Nixuebrig -> (6/19/2002 2:36:04 AM)

Had the problem too,.Needless to say, my opp will be pleased with this easy victory. Will have to give up Guadalcanal when i am not able(allowed) to fight with my forces.

Rex Bellator -> (6/19/2002 5:21:45 AM)

Thanks for the confirmation guys, I notice Matrix have picked this up on another thread started just after I posted initially, and are fixing ASAP.

I wasn't aware that the Retirement option on other types of TFs was broken as well, so thanks for the heads up. Lets hope Matrix get this fixed soon.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI