Sweeping mines (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> The War Room

Sven Nyqvist -> Sweeping mines (6/17/2002 12:44:14 AM)

I am playing allied in scenario 17 (Japan on AI). There is a minefield at Shortland. I have tried to send minesweepers there (on Patol/do not retire). They do not find anything. If I try to land however, the transports do find the mines. The accompanying Minesweepers do nothing and the transports are hit time after time. What am I doing wrong?

v.Manstein -> (6/17/2002 12:59:40 AM)

Did you sent them in a seperate Mine Warfare TF or were they accompanying the transport in the same TF?

If no(seperate Mine Warefare), you should have done this.

If yes(seperate Mine Warefare), I don`t have any clue!:o

Sven Nyqvist -> (6/17/2002 1:10:58 AM)

I had a separate Mine Warefare TF with 4 DMS.

Drex -> (6/17/2002 5:38:59 AM)

What was their experience level? I've read where ASW units do not function well unless at least 50 experience. maybe its the same for minesweeping.

v.Manstein -> (6/17/2002 6:11:33 AM)

Maybe sometimes they do detect them and sometimes they don`t. I believe there is a percentage involved. Did you send in the mine sweepers after your transports hit the mines and did they detect the mines after the incident?

Maybe you should post this in the bugs and problems topic.

von Murrin -> (6/18/2002 1:30:08 AM)

You pretty much have to hit them before you can sweep them. I've never seen a MW TF discover a minefield.

Sven Nyqvist -> Sweeping Mines (6/18/2002 2:47:29 AM)

I sent the Mine Warfare TF to follow the transports. I had 7 or 8 hits. The DMS neither swept in that round nor in the next. The minfield was shown on the map and after all the Transport Tf had found the field.

Yamamoto -> (6/18/2002 4:47:35 AM)

I usually get good results when I put a minesweeper in the transport fleet. Usually one transport gets hit by a mine and then the minesweeper sweeps the remaining mines out of the way. It then continues widening the path every day it stays there.

This is in version 1.0

Yamamoto

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI