RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

axisandallies -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/1/2009 1:07:48 AM)

Bump+3 for the Iowa Hawkeyes. Leadership is everything.

madgamer2 -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/1/2009 11:30:41 PM)

Big Ten What? LOL

Madgamer

Paul Vebber -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/3/2009 1:05:16 PM)

I'm a Wisconsin Alum so...I always root for the Badgers. And as one of my co-workers is a Boilermaker, this past week was especially enjoyed ;)

milkweg -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/4/2009 11:32:55 PM)

I was watching Big Ten woman's soccer just the other day. These women play soccer like it is ice hockey, 2 injuries in the first five minutes. I'm in Canada and was surprised to even see that I had access to that station.

jwarrenw13 -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/8/2009 5:05:13 PM)

Big Ten fans, at least you don't have the problem of corrupt officiating we have in the SEC, at least as far as I know.  Here is a good example from yesterday's LSU-Bama game. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abuCLF7hJ6s

For the record, yes, I'm an LSU fan.  But I had already seen that Bama had a slightly better team and was probably going to win the game anyway, and then this happened.  And even if LSU had gotten the ball, it would have been very difficult to drive it down against the Bama defense, especially with Jefferson and Scott injured.  All that I stipulate.  Still, something is rotten in the SEC.

hgilmer3 -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/8/2009 8:27:43 PM)

I'm an Alabama fan and no there isn't any corruption in the SEC.  If we went around saying there was corruption every time a play didn't go our way, Alabama would have been doing it long ago.

Note: LSU defender in 2004 pushing our receiver out of the way and getting an interception. A replay of it showed it was clearly PI.  But, we didn't scream "Corruption in the SEC!!!"

jwarrenw13 -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/8/2009 10:59:46 PM)

I'm an LSU fan, and there is corruption in the SEC officiating. You should google LSU Alabama interception or just SEC officials and read what national sports columnists are saying today.

Since you wanted to jump in, I'll also not the 5.5 yard markoff for running into the kicker on 4th down that created a 4th and even shorter for Bama on that drive.

And let's see, the interference waved off against Bama when the LSU QB threw the ball out of bounds in the fourth quarter -- a good call btw -- when the officials let the interference call stand against LSU in the first half on a virtually identical play when the Bama QB threw the ball out of bounds. Both were clearly uncatchable. But only LSU drew a penalty.

And the spearing on Jefferson, the crown of the helmet to the chest, that wasn't called.

I could discuss the calls in Bama-Tennessee or in Florida-Arkansas, but I won't. You already know about those.

As for corruption, Bama has been the master of it for decades in the SEC.

Like I said, Bama had a better team. Too bad LSU didn't get a fair chance to take them on, though. Or Tennessee.

Edit: Here's a little read for you.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/12483844/tides-win-is-no-masterpiece-for-maligned-sec-officials

quote:

ORIGINAL: hgilmer3

I'm an Alabama fan and no there isn't any corruption in the SEC.  If we went around saying there was corruption every time a play didn't go our way, Alabama would have been doing it long ago.

Note: LSU defender in 2004 pushing our receiver out of the way and getting an interception. A replay of it showed it was clearly PI.  But, we didn't scream "Corruption in the SEC!!!"

jwarrenw13 -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/9/2009 1:22:13 AM)

Here's the 5.5 yard penalty.  Really kind of funny in retrospect.  But instead of punting, Bama went for and made the 4th and inches.  Granted, they likely would have gone for and likely made a 4th and one also.  And, yes, it was noticed at the time by LSU folks.  

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/TIGERRADIATION/bamacheats.png

Edit: How SEC refs spot the ball. Looks like he had a pretty good look at it, too. Jefferson ran past the line and got driven back. Ref apparently did not see him run past the line. Probably checking his watch.

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/iam4au/badcall.jpg[/image]

And some more reading on SEC officiating in the game and through the season from Sporting News and Sports Illustrated.

hgilmer3 -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/10/2009 10:22:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JW

I'm an LSU fan, and there is corruption in the SEC officiating. You should google LSU Alabama interception or just SEC officials and read what national sports columnists are saying today.

Since you wanted to jump in, I'll also not the 5.5 yard markoff for running into the kicker on 4th down that created a 4th and even shorter for Bama on that drive.

And let's see, the interference waved off against Bama when the LSU QB threw the ball out of bounds in the fourth quarter -- a good call btw -- when the officials let the interference call stand against LSU in the first half on a virtually identical play when the Bama QB threw the ball out of bounds. Both were clearly uncatchable. But only LSU drew a penalty.

And the spearing on Jefferson, the crown of the helmet to the chest, that wasn't called.

I could discuss the calls in Bama-Tennessee or in Florida-Arkansas, but I won't. You already know about those.

Like I said, Bama had a better team. Too bad LSU didn't get a fair chance to take them on, though. Or Tennessee.

Edit: Here's a little read for you.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/12483844/tides-win-is-no-masterpiece-for-maligned-sec-officials

quote:

Um, if they wanted to "give us the game" then why didn't they just call it roughing the kicker? That is one of the most ridiculous arguments I have ever heard. "No, we wanted to give Alabama the game so instead of calling roughing the kicker which we probably should have since his leg was still up in the air, we decided to "give" them a half a yard so they could go for it on 4th down."

Are you truly listening to what you are saying?

And yes, I jumped in when someone is making silly sad arguments, someone must counter those silly sad arguments in the interest of sanity.

There were 2 PI's that weren't called on LSU. The downing of the ball inside the 1 was touched by an LSU player and should have been marked on the 5. The safety should not have been called. The ball was within 2-3 yards of Mark Ingram. There was a pass to Brad Smelley that was called not a catch that probably should have been called a catch. We had a slew of penalties called on us at home against South Carolina.

This charge of corruption is one of the most idiotic things I have ever seen.

hgilmer3 -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/10/2009 10:24:58 PM)

And why didn't they call holding here? I think maybe there was a bias FOR LSU and we should have won by 21+

[image]local://upfiles/30894/755CA3D0009F4E72812E654498A1E034.jpg[/image]

hgilmer3 -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/10/2009 10:26:15 PM)

I'd like for you to prove that idiotic statement.  You know, just because a game doesn't go your way, you don't have to scream corruption every time. 

hgilmer3 -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/10/2009 10:31:28 PM)

Last week of the week before, Indiana got screwed on a TD play.  I didn't see them crying about corruption.  A couple of years ago there were some really horrific calls in a Penn State game.  I don't seem to remember Joe Paterno crying about corruption.  I seem to remember Reggie Bush getting pushed into the end zone during a game that won them the game and the other team while saying it was a bad call didn't cry about corruption.

Why has the SEC suddenly become a bunch of whiny-ass crybabies?  Is it because you cannot stand the fact that Alabama was down so long and now they are finally coming back?  Did you really think Alabama would be an easy victory forever?

Yogi the Great -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/10/2009 10:58:51 PM)

quote:

Heck just when I thought this thread would be locked for politics I realized my assumption was wrong. I saw "As for corruption" and natually assumed that there was a O before Bama, then I realized we were still talking football. [sm=innocent0009.gif]

Anyway, it is clear to me that whenever my teams lose it is because of corrupt and lousy officials. When others complain about their losses, they are just a bunch of wimpy crybabies. Go Badgers

hgilmer3 -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/10/2009 11:08:23 PM)

Your quote makes it look like I was the one who posted that drivel. [&:]

jimi3 -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/11/2009 12:04:15 AM)

Michigan State Spartans. 1982 Alum. Go Green. My two favorite teams are Michigan State and any team that beats Michigan !!!!!!!!!

Cheeks -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/11/2009 1:20:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimi3

Michigan State Spartans. 1982 Alum. Go Green. My two favorite teams are Michigan State and any team that beats Michigan !!!!!!!!!

We're nearly Allies [:)].... but still, "We don't give a damn about the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan...We don't give a damn about the whole state of Michigan 'cause we're from O-Hi-O" [sm=innocent0009.gif]

GO BUCKEYES!

jwarrenw13 -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/11/2009 4:17:54 PM)

Here, take the poll. Even in Bama they think the INT was a blown call.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls?pCat=46&sCat=810

Hope you've been watching ESPN and reading the sports columnists. They disagree with you.

quote:

I'd like for you to prove that idiotic statement.  You know, just because a game doesn't go your way, you don't have to scream corruption every time. 

hgilmer3 -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/11/2009 11:37:10 PM)

quote:

Here, take the poll. Even in Bama they think the INT was a blown call.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls?pCat=46&sCat=810

Hope you've been watching ESPN and reading the sports columnists. They disagree with you.

quote:

I never said it wasn't a blown call. I was just destroying your sadly mistaken assumption that there is some kind of corruption in the SEC. You can have a blown call without having corruption.

paplan -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/12/2009 12:30:14 AM)

quote:

Interestingly, poll data showed most Native Americans favored Indian mascots, even the Washington Redskins mascot.  This was a solution for a problem that did not exist except in the minds of a small minority of a small minority.  My wife and daughter btw are of Native American ancestry, with documents to prove it, meaning not the "Well, my great-grandma was an Indian" variety.  They thought the mascot thing was absurd.  And how exactly has it improved the lives of Native Americans?

I could not disagree with this more. I have no clue where your "poll" was done, but its simply wrong.

My cousins (5) are Oglala Lakota. They consider the "Redskins" an insult to their heritage, and the clowns who deface their ceremonial dress to be just that, f**in clowns.

How about this.
The "Redskins" change their name to the "Washington Greedy J**boys". Clearly, that would be an unacceptable ethnic slur. So why on earth is "redskins" acceptable???

Toby42 -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/12/2009 2:31:18 PM)

It's amazing how we moved from The Big Ten to corrupt officials in the SEC!!!

GO BUCKEYE'S !!!!!!!

hgilmer3 -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/12/2009 11:29:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimi3

I like Michigan State. I'm glad Mark Ingram didn't go there.

axisandallies -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/15/2009 3:52:05 AM)

From a Hawkeye fan, congrats OSU. It was one hell of a game. See you next year in Iowa City.

Cheeks -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/15/2009 4:37:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: axisandallies

From a Hawkeye fan, congrats OSU. It was one hell of a game. See you next year in Iowa City.

To be honest, OSU played like crap. It boiled down to the Hawkeyes beating themselves. But a win is a win and I'll take it.

axisandallies -> RE: Anybody Big Ten fans? (11/15/2009 12:31:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cheeks

quote:

ORIGINAL: axisandallies

To be honest, OSU played like crap. It boiled down to the Hawkeyes beating themselves. But a win is a win and I'll take it.

Played like crap? I don't think so. Two broken plays in overtime by Iowa=OSU victory.
17 point dogs and lose by three in overtime, we took you to the brink....I doubt Oregon or Stanford will be as nice.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI