RE: which is your favorite game? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

fvianello -> RE: which is your favorite game? (11/3/2009 2:15:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

Even though I had a 486SX with 4mb of RAM, it was never enough to run Elite smoothly from what I recall.

I think it was referring to the original Elite (eighties), it ran on a Commodore64.
BTW, It was my favorite too, together with Lords of Midnight and Sword of Aragon.

Hertston -> RE: which is your favorite game? (11/4/2009 5:28:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HanBarca

I think it was referring to the original Elite (eighties), it ran on a Commodore64.
BTW, It was my favorite too, together with Lords of Midnight and Sword of Aragon.

The original Elite was actually written for one of these,
[image]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44506000/jpg/_44506676_micro2-poster.jpg[/image]

, the 'BBC Micro' (which all Brits above a certain age will remember fondly). It only had 32K of memory.

JudgeDredd -> RE: which is your favorite game? (11/4/2009 7:21:53 AM)

We got one of those in our school the year I was leaving (1983). Wasn't interested in the slightest in this new thing "computing". It was introduced into the school as a hobby room object. I remember turning up once and there were about 50 people round it. I never went back.

fvianello -> RE: which is your favorite game? (11/4/2009 9:14:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

[image]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44506000/jpg/_44506676_micro2-poster.jpg[/image]

, the 'BBC Micro' (which all Brits above a certain age will remember fondly). It only had 32K of memory.

Never seen that in Italy, the first available "home computer" was the VIC-20 in 1980 (I think)

killroyishere -> RE: which is your favorite game? (11/6/2009 4:48:30 PM)

Is that ^ yet another spammer? beaded bra strap? mazda parts? Why can't Matrix stop these characters?

LarryP -> RE: which is your favorite game? (11/6/2009 6:12:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: killroyishere

Is that ^ yet another spammer? beaded bra strap? mazda parts? Why can't Matrix stop these characters?

Looks like a spammer to me. Who in their right mind would like a game like that... well, these days maybe I guess anythings possible. [X(]

Arctic Blast -> RE: which is your favorite game? (11/6/2009 8:10:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: killroyishere

It makes a legit account and makes a legit post...the spam is all in the signature. Not really any way to prevent that.

martok -> RE: which is your favorite game? (11/6/2009 10:03:21 PM)

Star Trek TNG: Birth of the Federation and Medieval Total War remain my two favorites. I don't play either one as often as I used to, but they still see more playing time than any of my other games.

a7v -> RE: which is your favorite game? (11/7/2009 9:09:01 AM)

Among my favorites:

C64

Elite, as mentioned before a fantastic game which brought me into computer gaming
Kampfgruppe by Mr. Grigsby. The first Steel Panther...
War in the South(west?) Pacific. Gary´s first UV[;)] Quite buggy, but the only game of its kind in those days
Summer and Winter Games for evenings with beer and friends
Pit Stop. It was a Formula 1 simulation for 2 players inluding refilling gas and changing tyres
Wizzards Crown, great RPG from SSI

Atari ST
Battle of Britain and SWOTL, great flight sims
Kaiser, multi player strategie games of the time of Frederic the Great/Napoleon
Dungeon Master. The first real Adventue with first person view and good graphics. I played it like, well, AE today[;)]

PC
too many[:D]
All the Grigsbys: Eastern Front, WIR, West front, the Steel Panther Series, Pacwar, UV, WITP...
Red Baron, great WW1 flight simulator
Silent Service,  one of the best sub simulators ever
Gothic 1 and 2, great rpg with intensive atmosphere
Morrowwind, also great rpg with a really big area to run around
Rome:Total War and its mods. One of the greatest games for me
World of Warcraft, great MMO during its first 2-3 years. A shame that it became a game for 12year old "kiddies"[:(]
OK, enough

Greetings

Rainer

htuna -> RE: which is your favorite game? (11/7/2009 12:14:49 PM)

quote:

It makes a legit account and makes a legit post...the spam is all in the signature. Not really any way to prevent that.

Why not add in, that they need to do email verification when creating an account? (Or do they already do that here - I forget)

Reiryc -> RE: which is your favorite game? (11/8/2009 7:12:34 PM)

close combat 1
WitP AE
BG 2

Greybriar -> RE: which is your favorite game? (11/8/2009 8:00:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reiryc

close combat 1
WitP AE
BG 2

WitP AE = War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

BG 2 = Baldur's Gate II? [&:]

bradfordkay -> RE: which is your favorite game? (11/9/2009 8:14:13 PM)

My little Tropicans now have cars!!!!! You guessed it, I picked up Tropico 3 this past weekend...

altipueri -> RE: which is your favorite game? (11/16/2009 10:31:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: HanBarca

Is that screen showing the flying game for the BBC where you could fly under a bridge? Aviator it seems to say on the box but I can't remember (old age). Anyway it felt really cool when I did that.

ilovestrategy -> RE: which is your favorite game? (11/20/2009 7:47:43 AM)

See my sig? [:D]

htuna -> RE: which is your favorite game? (12/21/2009 12:11:14 PM)

the spammer is back!

Qwixt -> RE: which is your favorite game? (12/21/2009 7:25:51 PM)

Civ2 would probably be my most played strategy game. Played so much of it that I can't stand to play anything remotely flavored like it to include GalCiv I & II, Civ3, Civ 4, and colonization. MOO2 is a very close runner up.

Obsolete -> RE: which is your favorite game? (12/23/2009 3:32:39 AM)

quote:

survival horror like Silent Hill series and fatal frames. for simulations my fav is harvest moon series and best of all, the Sims 2! i can't wait for The Sims 3 next year. it must be fun to watch those little computer people getting complicated and more alive.

I played a few of these, didn't get into them too much, but they were so-so.  I think over all, my favourite games ever are some of the old classic adventure ones, like the last remake of Zork, or the Space-Quest series, etc.  Of course, I may be tainted by nostalgia, but some of these were pretty memoriable for the time. 

hgilmer3 -> RE: which is your favorite game? (12/23/2009 9:31:14 PM)

My roommate in college dropped about $3000 on a 286.  And later, he bought a 486 and played the early WW1 airplane game over the internet against friends.  Bluemax? Or one of the other titles.

Right now my favorite game of all time would have to be Call of Duty 2.  This is based on cranking it up every few months and running through the scenarios again and again.  

D.Ilse -> RE: which is your favorite game? (12/24/2009 11:13:11 AM)

Into a H2H GC off CC:TLD, now in turn 3 and I can finally move units as the Germans..I am starting to love this title. Def it's getting worth the price of admission. Much much more fun than PC:Kharkov showed to be IMO.

Joe D. -> RE: which is your favorite game? (12/24/2009 1:11:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: frontless

Hello please write your favorite game

UV, perhaps to be usurped by AE.

Honerable mention: BoA, CoH, and HttR (in alpha order).

Hoping BftB will be my next favorite game, maybe even CF, if it's ever devloped.

rickier65 -> RE: which is your favorite game? (12/24/2009 6:11:52 PM)

Right now, Panzer Command: Kharkov. It's mostly what I've been playing lately.

But that could change of course. I've had a few "favorites" over the years. A couple that come to mind: "Battles of Napoleon" old old game on C-64 I think.

And then perhaps Steel Panthers, the original release, I still have the Box and the game manual around here somewhere (of course, I enjoyed the Matrix release and one of the Mega Campaigns from Matrix).

I know if I sit here in a couple of days, soem other "faovorites" will come to mind as well, but right now I'm having a blast with Panzer Command:Kharkov.

Rick

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI