Who can give an introduction to the R&D and production (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich

Kesselring -> Who can give an introduction to the R&D and production (10/11/2009 5:51:09 AM)

Hi, all,
The R&D and production is an important and interesting part of the game. However, there is no realted description in the manual (which I think whould be added in the update). Therefore, can any experienced player give a comprehensive introduction on this part? For example, what is the effect/delay caused by changing production manually, how to accelerate the research on new aircraft type, and how to manage the manual production efficiently?
Thanks a lot.

wernerpruckner -> RE: Who can give an introduction to the R&D and production (10/11/2009 9:50:01 AM)

there is a thread about German production:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2252359&mpage=1&key=

Kesselring -> RE: Who can give an introduction to the R&D and production (10/11/2009 10:48:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: swift

there is a thread about German production:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2252359&mpage=1&key=

Thanks, but that thread only discusses what should be produced, instead of how to manage the production in details.

Kesselring -> RE: Who can give an introduction to the R&D and production (10/11/2009 3:52:00 PM)

developers pls help

wernerpruckner -> RE: Who can give an introduction to the R&D and production (10/11/2009 4:52:47 PM)

quote:

For example, what is the effect/delay caused by changing production manually, how to accelerate the research on new aircraft type, and how to manage the manual production efficiently?

for each production line changed it will be off for a certain amount of time
you can accelerate R&D easily by putting more production capacity to the A/C you want to be researched (not only the AFAC....but also the CFAC and EFAC)
managing the production is not that hard - you got a production overview with actual production, planned production and needed production..........just produce what you need/want

but be careful...a two aircraft needs 2x engines....and if you produce jet engines...here also two are needed for one....eg the Me262 needs 1x AFAC, 1x CFAC and 4x EFAC

Kesselring -> RE: Who can give an introduction to the R&D and production (10/11/2009 5:38:52 PM)

Thanks.
For example, at the beginning of 43 campaign, some factories are assigned to produce Me262 which have a delay of about 500 days. Does this mean in the first 500 days, those factories are doing nothing and just wasted? If so, should I change the production to other available A/Cs, and how can I know when certain type of A/C is available?

no, if a factory is on delay, it is either damaged and not making anything, or is not online yet, so still not making anything, those with the long delay, are factories that will be built later in the war

wernerpruckner -> RE: Who can give an introduction to the R&D and production (10/11/2009 5:42:38 PM)

You see the future sites as well as German player.....the delay of these plants means that the plants or part of production lines will go online in 500 turns....if you change these sites...it will be 510 days delay if one line is changed.....

You will usually see that a new A/C type is available as soon there is a test unit of it........you get tons of units....and some of them are test units ("Erprobungskommando")

Kesselring -> RE: Who can give an introduction to the R&D and production (10/11/2009 6:04:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: swift

You see the future sites as well as German player.....the delay of these plants means that the plants or part of production lines will go online in 500 turns....if you change these sites...it will be 510 days delay if one line is changed.....

You will usually see that a new A/C type is available as soon there is a test unit of it........you get tons of units....and some of them are test units ("Erprobungskommando")

Thanks, but I still have some more questions.
You mean change the plan number for future A/C will affect the delay of all related productions of that A/C (assemble lines, parts, engines)?
Only with matched number of assemble lines, parts, engines, a new future A/C is considered as planned, and thus reducing the delay? ,yes you need a complete aircraft, for it to count as part of the reseach
The factories "delayed" only considered as doing research without producing ang products?
if you were to look on the map, you will see that, this, or these factories are not on the map, the delay here, is for when the factory will be built, not what it is building, it looks like these are confusing to some of the newer players, the older players knew, so didn't think it anything about it (which you don't have to look on the map, but if you did, if it has a large delay, it is a factory that will be built later)
Does the delay introduced from changing types among existing A/C accumulated to the delay for researching future A/C (which makes the delay longer than that has been assigned to research future A/C at the beginning) ? I am not sure I follow, if Factory A is building enough to add one aircraft to the reseach stock (only one/set reseaching this plane type) and gets bombed, and takes enough damage to stop production for a bit, no new Reseach is going to be done, until it comes back online (damage under 50) but any reseach it had already done, is done, and in the reseach stock, so, after 20 days of reseach, adding one Aircraft model, each day, it will have 20 done, it is shut down for 20 days due to damage, nothing will be added to the stock, and the reseach will have stopped, once the factory starts to work again, the stock will start to increase, from that 20 already in
And the number of production is per day or week or month?
per day (the BoBs for replacement is odd as it is every two days for the LW)

Kesselring -> RE: Who can give an introduction to the R&D and production (10/12/2009 1:51:30 PM)

Furthermore, if no factory is assigned to research the future A/C, will that future A/C exist at the historical time?

Hard Sarge -> RE: Who can give an introduction to the R&D and production (10/12/2009 2:10:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kesselring

Furthermore, if no factory is assigned to research the future A/C, will that future A/C exist at the historical time?

Yes, the due date is based on when it should come in, if nothing else is done, with reseach, you can move the due date forward

I wanted to move the due date back, and force the player to reseach it, to get it when they should, but, they didn't like that idea

Klahn -> RE: Who can give an introduction to the R&D and production (10/29/2009 1:04:43 AM)

More questions:

Where does the "required" number come from? Is it how many of this item are needed to match the production of frames for this aircraft? (ie, why would I require Blen parts if I have no requirement for Blen frames?)

I have 6 Mercury engines required. I am producing 2 Blens, 2 Gladiators, and 2 Sea Gladiators a turn. Since the Blen is a twin-Mercury aircraft, shouldn't I need 8?

I am assuming "planned" is how many factories I have set to make this item vs. "actual" is real output after damage is taken into consideration. Is this correct?

How does one replace lost aircraft that are not produceable? (ie Martlet)

[image]local://upfiles/24960/F5F51C69718646A3805AB1722BE25EA9.jpg[/image]

Baron von Beer -> RE: Who can give an introduction to the R&D and production (10/29/2009 2:12:01 AM)

"planned" will also include future factories (the ones that start the game with a delay).  For example the Merlin IIIs above, there is a discrepancy of 2 engines planned/actual.  IIRC, there is a capacity 2 facility that comes online in ~30 days from game start.

For the RAF aircraft, they get some "off map" replacements in addition to the factory production. Believe there are a few Hurricanes and a Blenheim or two, as well as the types you aren't/can't produce. Think the latter were 1 every day or two, keep an eye on the replacement totals. [;)]

Hard Sarge -> RE: Who can give an introduction to the R&D and production (10/29/2009 4:16:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ryvan

More questions:

Where does the "required" number come from? Is it how many of this item are needed to match the production of frames for this aircraft? (ie, why would I require Blen parts if I have no requirement for Blen frames?)
I think the answer is the Frame is what is showing what is required, if you have 3 Blen Frams being produced, you would "require" 3 parts and 6 engines for those planes to be built

I have 6 Mercury engines required. I am producing 2 Blens, 2 Gladiators, and 2 Sea Gladiators a turn. Since the Blen is a twin-Mercury aircraft, shouldn't I need 8?
Hmmm, now that is interesting, since you got no Blen parts, you will not be making any, but as it is saying you "need" 3 parts, I would be willing to bet, you have a 3rd Blen in production somewhere, and if you have 3, you need 6 engines

also, interesting, why do you say you have 2 Glad's and 2 Sea Glad's in production ? neither is a buildable plane type, you may be getting some, but that is me giving them to you (off map, old stock, what not) but they are not being built

I am assuming "planned" is how many factories I have set to make this item vs. "actual" is real output after damage is taken into consideration. Is this correct?
correct, planned is how many are set up (some may be on delay, damaged) Actual is how many were/should be made this turn

How does one replace lost aircraft that are not produceable? (ie Martlet)

you will get some from off map (Martlet comes from the US, you only going to get so many of them (they didn't really get that many during the battle time frame)

[image]local://upfiles/24960/F5F51C69718646A3805AB1722BE25EA9.jpg[/image]

Hard Sarge -> RE: Who can give an introduction to the R&D and production (10/29/2009 4:19:50 PM)

from your screen shot

I would say, you got no engines being built for the BF

you have Blen frames in production, but no parts for them

hopefully, you have been playing with production

harley -> RE: Who can give an introduction to the R&D and production (10/29/2009 11:42:07 PM)

Required does NOT include airframe factories more than 35 days away from prod. It *does* include airframe factories less than 35 days away from prod, so any 1, 2 or 3 cap site that just changed is counted, but a 4 cap site that just changed is not counted for about 5 days.

Klahn -> RE: Who can give an introduction to the R&D and production (10/30/2009 6:36:26 PM)

I did figure out the Blen thing. I am producing 3 frames which accounts for the 6 needed motors. Glads and SeaGlads are being produced outside of the system. I think I've got a handle on it now. I didn't realize that non-factory aircraft appear in the aircraft replacement list.

Minor question though: I've noticed I have Hurri 2s in the weapons list. Can I convert facs to start producing these immediately or will they just contribute to research? Is there a place I can find the default introduction dates for aircraft? (I'm playing BoB-40 full right now.)

Thanks for the responses and I love the game!

Hard Sarge -> RE: Who can give an introduction to the R&D and production (10/31/2009 8:40:06 AM)

the Cane II will be 9/40, the IIC will be 3/41 (so out of the scope of the first battle)

Klahn -> RE: Who can give an introduction to the R&D and production (10/31/2009 6:10:54 PM)

Thanks again for the help. Is there a place I can find a list of introduction dates for both campaigns?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI