Customer Support: “Where is it?” (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein

Platoon_Michael -> Customer Support: “Where is it?” (10/17/2009 2:54:57 PM)

How is it that after 1 year we still don’t have a patch that fixes the maps for WAR
But yet Matrix can release tLD/ and then force those of us who purchased this game to continue to wait while a patch is released for tLD before fixing our bugs?

Also it should be noted that it looks like the people from S3T would rather work on importing mods from CCV than correct the maps as well.
Look Here:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7617

The picture got removed somehow, how I don’t know.

Is this the way customers get treated around here for supporting a 10 year old game at the same time shelling out $50 for it?

Is this what I can expect for ABTF that is supposedly in the works for a re-release?
A team of people who can't commit to one project at a time!

Andrew Williams -> RE: Customer Support: “Where is it?” (10/17/2009 11:58:18 PM)

I think, plt_michael, you are blaming the messenger.

The pic was removed as the thread was created out of thin air and lost it's context..... as the admins at CCS constantly cut/paste and alter threads to suit their current whim.

And my guess is more may have been achieved if you had stuck to your commitment, but let's not go there.

I see the volunteers working on the re-releases doing a fantastic job for just basically the love of the game and should be commended.

Of course whining and moaning instead of actually doing something is productive too, so please continue in that vein if it suits you.

btw... I've done some gardening today, helped my children with their school projects, washed the car, went to a birthday party and shopped for groceries, aligned a victory location and checked on a panzerschreck stats, checked the mmcc3 servers, contacted the BHQ programmer as sign in site is down, updated one of the support web pages, realigned some tree sprites and all for the pleasure of  listening to you whine (again) I guess that shows a lack of commitment as It's a slow day and I've actually managed to spend an hour or so on paid work as well.

thank you.

Platoon_Michael -> RE: Customer Support: “Where is it?” (10/18/2009 12:35:06 AM)

You said:
quote:

I see the volunteers working on the re-releases doing a fantastic job for just basically the love of the game and should be commended.

Of course whining and moaning instead of actually doing something is productive too, so please continue in that vein if it suits you.

I am a Consumer!
Not a Volunteer

Consumers PAY for the game

Platoon_Michael -> RE: Customer Support: “Where is it?” (10/18/2009 12:42:55 AM)

It's been one year already OK?

ONE YEAR

You or anyone else can call my post what ever you want but the facts are still the same.

Tejszd -> RE: Customer Support: “Where is it?” (10/18/2009 2:12:28 AM)

If the next WAR patch is going to based on the TLD patch it will be well worth the wait for WAR owners.

Given how long the patch is taking to get finalized the fixed map files probably should have been made available as a separate download. Though that is hindsight, as it was never planned or thought that it would have been this length of time I bet....

squadleader_id -> RE: Customer Support: “Where is it?” (10/18/2009 2:27:55 AM)

I thought the map fixes were still on the "to do list"?

Tejszd -> RE: Customer Support: “Where is it?” (10/18/2009 2:35:49 AM)

I don't know the status.... Just commenting based on how long the issue has been known....

squadleader_id -> RE: Customer Support: “Where is it?” (10/18/2009 2:57:59 AM)

It was posted at the CCS forums.
Well, considering the status of the map fixes...even after the CCTLD patch is released...there's still another (long) wait for the map fixes before the CCWAR patch can be released.
Unless we're going to get a patch with all the new CCTLD goodies, but we'll have to live with the map coding glitches? [;)]

Andrew Williams -> RE: Customer Support: “Where is it?” (10/18/2009 8:05:26 AM)

I think this post refers to game development rather than Customer Support... unless you have issues with matrixgames support helpdesk?

yuma27 -> RE: Customer Support: “Where is it?” (10/18/2009 12:31:59 PM)

This is probably my 200th visit in the last year hoping to see if a patch for WAR has been completed. Maybe it will be ready for our kids to use, or maybe our grandkids.

Matrix and customer support should not be used in the same sentence.

Platoon_Michael -> RE: Customer Support: “Where is it?” (10/18/2009 3:01:11 PM)

Farewell my brave soldiers, my eagles adieu;
Stung with my ambition, o'er the world ye flew:
But deeds of disaster so sad to rehearse
I have lived--fatal truth for to know the reverse.
From Moscow to Lipsic; the case it is clear
I was sent back to France with a flea in my ear.
A lesson to mortals regarding my fall:
He grasps at a shadow, by grasping at all.
My course it is finish'd my race it is run,
My career it is ended just where it begun.
The Empire of France no more it is mine.
Because I can't keep it I freely resign

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI