How does the computer control the production? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich

Kesselring -> How does the computer control the production? (10/21/2009 10:46:17 AM)

In BTR, if "computer control" is selected for the production, how is the production managed?
More specifically, (1) when will the computer decide to change a production?
(2) What A/C type will be chosen for the new production?
(3) If some of the productions are changed manually, will computer touch these productions?
(4) When a production is changed by computer, is there a delay introduced as that a production is changed manually?
(5) If the computer changes a certain type of A/C, does it change all the productions of this type (no factory will produce this type anymore) and all the related productions (engines, assemble line, parts)?
(6) I find that generally engines are not enough, does the computer attempts to solve this problem?
(7) What is the guideline for the computer to control the production? For example, maximizing output A/C number, producing latest types, maximizing the total gun values?

Thanks.

Kesselring -> RE: How does the computer control the production? (10/21/2009 10:53:02 AM)

And a suggestion: add an "undo" function for the production management.

harley -> RE: How does the computer control the production? (10/21/2009 11:27:10 AM)

ahhahh...

Well, right now... badly. So badly I won't answer any of your questions, as I have completely trashed the AI production and built it from scratch. Yep, you heard it here first... New AI prod coming in the patch.

Here's what the readme will say:

Completely rebuilt AI production system. The AI is now more attentive to what's in use, what's in stock and what's in deficit. The AI will now ensure that production in old types continues till there's enough spares to support the existing units, though it does convert a limited number of Facs to get the critical mass. It also makes smart decisions on Parts and Engines, to ensure that there are stocks, and appropriate amounts being built. It will take prod away from anything with a huge pool to something that is lacking. It is no longer constrained by brand (not that it really ever was).Finally, it will convert excess prod in type to research, AND will convert unneeded prod (like, MC facs) to other more needed types.

So post patch...

(1) very difficult to answer, it depends on stock levels of aircraft, the total units in play, the total AC in play, and wether there is a significant deficit of types
(2) Generally, the next in line type, but it can change from one type to another if there is a significant deficit.
(3) Yes, computer control means complete control. If you want control, you have to do it on your own.
(4) Yes, computer changes are delayed.
(5) No, it phases the change and no, engines and parts are worked out separately after the airframes are settled
(6) Yes, now. It will boost production beyond requirements if there are airframes sitting waiting for engines. It will take prod away from more other engines if there is a significant stockpile
(7) It's not free-thinking. It uses the generational model of Mark I - mark Ia - markIb - markII based on the airframe upgrades
(8) If there's enough spare production, it will choose to research.

Kesselring -> RE: How does the computer control the production? (10/21/2009 12:43:20 PM)

Thanks a lot. I'm looking forward to the patch. ^^

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI