Question. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich

ddiego -> Question. (10/21/2009 8:30:48 PM)

hi there.
Recently got into this game, im currently on turn 22 as the allies and i have these questions..

Is there any way for the allied player to know or to have an estimate on the aircraft production of the Axis and also if theyre having like fuel shortages, etc...

is it possible to load the game as the axis while youre being the allied player?

as the axis, how can you know how much fuel you have stockpiled? i know if you pass the mouse on top of the oil storage icon it tells you how much fuel/oil that particular oil storage has.

thanks

kaybayray -> RE: Question. (10/21/2009 11:52:01 PM)

Well I dont know about looking up the Luftwaffe's skirt to see how much gas they have but how I deal with this issue is....

I make the assumption that the total storage capacity represented by the total of the capacity's of all the storage facilities represents 100% of the Oil reserve. Subtract the damage I have done to it and I arrive at an estimate of how much they have on hand.

Yeah I am sure there is a better way if you know exactly how the mechanics of this game work. But since I plead total ignorance on that I figure this gets me somewhere in the neighborhood. I use this same formula for all industries that I am interested in. Yeah I do realize that some are linked to each other and if we want to get real nit picky the most accurate way of estimating this would be better than my method. However for the sake of choosing targets for upcoming strikes I believe that the difference between MY method and the most accurate method (given you are one of the coders of this game) I would venture to say that I am within 20% of actual at worst case. So like they say, close enough for Horseshoes, Handgrenades and Atomic Bombs... [8D]

Later,
KayBay

Golden Bear -> RE: Question. (10/22/2009 12:18:33 AM)

You can look at ?Targets? and on the first screen where it lists the different industries you will see total value vs. what you have done to it. After a while, if you do a good job on a particular industry you will see a message that says that you've put it into, umm, don't remember the actual term since its been about 10 years since I played that far, but let's say "critical." Depending on the industry it will drag others down with it.

In any case, you can get an idea of your impact by looking at the general Targets tag.

Carl

kaybayray -> RE: Question. (10/22/2009 12:30:16 AM)

Hey Bear,
Yeah once I got that far I saw that. But prior to that I was wondering the same thing. Man it is tough as the Allies coming outa the gate. So the process I described was how I went about formulating an estimate of what I was doing to German industry.

The point system in the game victory conditions are to me a bit abstract. I understand % Damaged and can extrapolate that to estimate my effectiveness. I am assuming he hasnt played that far along such that he can recognize any significant damage to anything.

We can all read the history books and we all can see what was done and how the battle was won or lost. However the wonderful thing about this game is the "What If" factor it represents. IMHO there are lots of potential great strategies to bring down German industry and with this game you can put them to the test. Yeah the nit pickers will whine and moan but for me it is very interesting since my overall impression of this game is that it is very accurate and the scale is so huge. Unlike any other game out today. The only thing coming close to this in the past was Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe and a couple earlier games like B-17 Flying Fortress and USAAF or something... old DOS game. But I dont think that any of those were as complete as this game is.

So glad that the Matrix crew completed thier project on this. Corrected a lot of frustrating bugs and limitations IMHO.

Later,
KayBay

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI