RE: Cost (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

CMDRMCTOAST -> RE: Cost (10/25/2009 8:22:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cathartes

If you are not playing AE consider the alternatives: 

1. you might instead go out drinking and it takes no time to spend that kind of money you might otherwise spend on AE.

2. you might be doing chores or exercising, and you could injure yourself, and with the insane cost of health care (in the US) you could be out the equivalent of 6-7 games with just one two-hour ER visit (with insurance and depending on deductible). Hopefully you have a policy that covers non-generic drugs.

Buy AE, for health and prosperity!

Hmmmm" get injured, stay home from work,,, play AE,,, your good...[&o]

eMonticello -> RE: Cost (10/25/2009 11:47:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cathartes

If you are not playing AE consider the alternatives: 

2. you might be doing chores or exercising, and you could injure yourself, and with the insane cost of health care (in the US) you could be out the equivalent of 6-7 games with just one two-hour ER visit (with insurance and depending on deductible). Hopefully you have a policy that covers non-generic drugs.

Buy AE, for health and prosperity!

I do recommend exercise, even if it's just a walk with your wife at a nice peaceful park. It will give you some valuable time to contemplate your next PBEM move.

ny59giants -> RE: Cost (10/25/2009 2:04:44 PM)

It only took him 4 hours from the initial post to him actually downloading the game. I think we can get the next "potential" customer down to 2 hours. [:D]

I have 12 other CD games that cover a wide range of WW 2 battles in Europe, the USA Civil War, Fulda Gap, and Arab-Israeli Wars. Since I bought WITP and now AE, they sit in their slots on my computer desk gathering dust. I started out almost 40 years ago playing board games and "had" both the War in Europe and War in the Pacific by SPI from the late 70s. It only took me a few thousand dollars to find this game. [;)]

witpqs -> RE: Cost (10/25/2009 6:36:20 PM)

Wow - buying already! Given the stuff you heard in this thread, the fact that you then decided to buy gives me >99% confidence you will be pleased.

Welcome! [:)]

Buck Beach -> RE: Cost (10/25/2009 7:47:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mullk

I've seen reviewers who have been stunned by the size and scope of AE.  As many have stated this is not for the casual gamer.   I've seen one or two reviews where the reviewer complained about the work and complexity of playing.  This is exactly what some of use are looking for.  As for me and I think some others on this board the price was not an issue.  We might have had to save our pennies to get it but their was never a doubt we were going to get it.  There is simply no other program on the market that covers the subject in the depth and detail that AE does.  The next closest runner up isn't even close.  It would be sort of like comparing TIC-TAC-TOE to 3 dimensional chess.  Tic-Tac-Toe is fun if it's what your looking for but it isn't for me.  This game isn't for the faint of heart or if you hate micromanagement, it's a hard core wargamers game.  I don't want to scare you off I always like to see new blood both to AE and to wargames but I also don't want to talk you into something that isn't going to to be your liking.  If WW2 Pacific theater is your thing NOTHING does it better than AE.

And I would add, if you think the vanilla WITP-AE is loaded with micromanagement (that I love BTW), get ready for "Da Babes" that should blow you away.

Buck Beach -> RE: Cost (10/25/2009 7:52:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fabertong

quote:

ORIGINAL: LuckyJim1005

Forgot to say i have been playing Time of Wrath and have found it a little to simple. Not to detract from it, it is a great beer & pretzel game just a little lacking in some Navel aspects so I am looking for something with a bit more bite.

And yes I admit I think it was 'sticker price shock' that kicked in.

If I have 2 more glasses of wine the credit card is coming out [:)]

Missus is going to kill me..

BTW Is it just me or do any of you old time board gamers sit here thinking we are in a great age for PC wargaming ?

Apologies if I annoyed anyone.

Have the wine......then buy the game........I doubt you'll regret either.....

You had better be a cat with nine lives because after you get it she will regularly be kicking your butt for spending so much time with it rather than with her. [:D]

Buck Beach -> RE: Cost (10/25/2009 7:56:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oliver Heindorf

the old endless discussion. I am tired of it [>:].

Calculate the bang for the buck you receive like Sulu Sea did and you've found the master. And be aware what treespider said !

good luck

And yet you have been drawn in to reading the post and responding to it.[;)] It happens to me all the time.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI