Automatic/Manual aircraft upgrade (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

lojishen -> Automatic/Manual aircraft upgrade (10/31/2009 9:13:52 PM)

Hi All,

Been reading this forum for years, without ever buying the game. Finally, after following so many great AAR's, back to the WITP days, I took the plunge and bought. Only had it a couple weeks, but already think it is worth the money. Kudos to the development team and the community!

Anyway, now that I have the game, here come the questions. First one:

I'm learning on the Guad scenario. I notice that many of the squadrons have upgrade to XXX plan in green on their info screen. When I click it, it goes to 'do not upgrade'.

Reading the manual, I think the above means that, during the turn resolution, the computer checks all squadrons with the possibility of upgrading, and may according to some criteria upgrade them. If I set it to 'do not upgrade' this won't happen. Is this correct? The implication being that you want to tightly control who has the auto upgrdage set if you really want to save those new planes for certain squadrons.

Next, there is reference to a manual upgrade, which if possible an 'upgrade now' button shows. I can't find this button.

I have a p-39 squadron in Port Moresby, within transfer range of it's command HQ in Townsvile, and Townsville has 20k+ supplies. Townsville doesn't have a 7+ airport, but according to the book, you don't need this if upgrading with the command HQ help. What am I missing? I could really use some p-40's at PM.

Thanks!!

lojishen

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI