New Patch? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition

ant1815 -> New Patch? (11/3/2009 12:46:46 PM)

I seem to remember hearing whispers of a new patch in the works, but it's all been very quiet lately.

Anyone know if there's one due, and maybe what it'll fix/improve?

ericbabe -> RE: New Patch? (11/8/2009 2:11:19 AM)

There is a patch underway, but there is no estimated date for its completion.  We're experimenting with adding a rule for land interceptions, possibly adding more information to reports, and a dozen or so minor fixes/improvements.

ant1815 -> RE: New Patch? (11/10/2009 10:29:39 AM)

Sounds great. Thanks for the update.

Moltke71 -> RE: New Patch? (12/5/2009 4:22:33 PM)

Bump. I'm waiting for the patch before finishing my review.

Kriegsspieler -> RE: New Patch? (12/5/2009 5:42:11 PM)

I had been wondering whether you were ever going to turn that "preview" into a full review, Jim. Glad to know it's in the oven somewhere. . . .[:D]

Moltke71 -> RE: New Patch? (12/5/2009 7:19:34 PM)

For some reason, I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this one. I plan to devote my two-week holiday to it. Harder to focus on than FoF.

Steely Glint -> RE: New Patch? (12/6/2009 4:04:00 PM)

It's harder to focus on because there's more to it.

Moltke71 -> RE: New Patch? (12/6/2009 4:30:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steely Glint

It's harder to focus on because there's more to it.

Exactly and there's a rub. I'm not exactly a rube in regards to the period. Is the game overreaching or was I just too busy this summer when I started writing about it? The reviewer's dilemma. Is my experience comparable to the player/buyer's?

Steely Glint -> RE: New Patch? (12/7/2009 4:50:51 AM)

Jim, IMO the game is so big, in so many ways, that before you really begin to comprehend it you will first have to come to terms with and understand just how big it is. IMO only after that can you really evaluate it.

Moltke71 -> RE: New Patch? (12/7/2009 1:33:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steely Glint

Jim, IMO the game is so big, in so many ways, that before you really begin to comprehend it you will first have to come to terms with and understand just how big it is. IMO only after that can you really evaluate it.

You said it! And that takes time. As I said, I have two weeks off coming up. No kids, family in other states; all good for a reviewer.

ericbabe -> RE: New Patch? (12/7/2009 7:38:47 PM)

Still no estimation on the patch schedule.  I've had commitments to other projects that have trumped the time I'd allocated to work on this.  If things go well, I may be able to spend a few days on it this week.

Other than the new interception rule, I don't think there is much in the patch as planned that would affect a review -- unless you happen to encounter one of the relatively rare situations in which we've had reported issues.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI