Is there a way to set up a PBEM battle (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

Gary Tatro -> Is there a way to set up a PBEM battle (6/21/2002 7:42:20 PM)

So that the battle takes place in Asia, Africa instead of Europe?
I could not find any preference or other item in the set up manual?

Resisti -> (6/21/2002 8:59:34 PM)

It is automatically determined by the game engine, according to the year/nations you chose.
For example: September 1941, Germany vs. Great Britain you'll have a desert map, to fight on.
Same year and month, Germany vs. Russia, you'll get a Russian map, instead.
Along the same line, the type of terrain is set, too: Russia in August = clear; Russia in December = Snow.

Gary Tatro -> Hmmm that is strange (6/21/2002 9:25:27 PM)

I started a PBEM game last night with M4 and I was US he was Japan the map said that it was Europe????

Kaakao -> (6/21/2002 9:34:32 PM)

I believe you need to be USMC against Japan to get a map located in Asia.

Resisti -> (6/21/2002 9:41:37 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kaakao
[B]I believe you need to be USMC against Japan to get a map located in Asia. [/B][/QUOTE]

Correct.

Gary Tatro -> Doh (6/21/2002 10:23:00 PM)

Figures Well maybe next time!

Goblin -> (6/22/2002 2:30:08 AM)

Gary, you could also click the 'custom map' button, and pick one of the Jungle/Asian maps located on the list.

PS-if you had started the game as Japan, I think you would have gotten an Asian map versus the US Army. It looked at the year and Player 1 country, and put you in Europe.

Goblin- A Goblin has an afterthought

NightCrow -> (6/22/2002 5:02:22 PM)

I was wondering are there any scenarios originally included with the game good for PBEM? It seems like most of them are made to be played for a particular side and would be unbalanced if played by two 'human' players.

Tomanbeg -> (6/28/2002 1:37:29 PM)

Originally posted by NightCrow
[B]I was wondering are there any scenarios originally included with the game good for PBEM? It seems like most of them are made to be played for a particular side and would be unbalanced if played by two 'human' players. [/B]

I've made one. I tested it with a regular opponent and it's being betaed by two brave volunteers right now(about 2 weeks). If you want I can send it to you. More guniea pigs are always welcome. It is a North South battle, which bothers some people.
T.

Belisarius -> (6/28/2002 11:02:06 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kaakao
[B]I believe you need to be USMC against Japan to get a map located in Asia. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yup. Me and VikingNo2 plays Japan vs. UK, '42. We're in Europe :D

Too bad, I guess we have to rely on custom maps to get a pacific setting?

NightCrow -> (6/30/2002 7:21:21 PM)

Tomanbeg, I would like to have a look. I'm in the middle of changing computers and ISP, might want look for a game after that. :)

send it to: [email]bluecollarheaven@yahoo.com[/email]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI