Please help (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

WAMedic_slith -> Please help (11/10/2009 3:44:51 PM)

I posted this in the CCTLD forum (and submitted a Help Request ticket to the Matrix help system which no one has answered yet) but thought I would try here. Andrew answered my post in the CCTLD forum but re-downloading did not solve the issue....here is the problem:

-Purchased the dowload version of Close Combat - The Longest Day
-Dowloaded without interruption (both times)
-Found the Zip file on my computer
-Double clicked on the zip folder which opened a window showing the file inside, just one file inside the Zip file titled: Close Combat The Longest Day SetupRelease 550 DDR (exe. file)
-Double clicked on that file
-Hard drive spins for several moments (15-20 secs), cursor changes to an "hour glass" like things are happening, then NOTHING.

Nothing happens. No error message, no pop ups, no set up/installation screen.....NOTHING. Computer simply returns to normal (doesn't freeze or anything just continues to work as normal). No matter how many times I double click on the .exe file in the Zip folder....nothing.

I have downloaded TWICE and the 2nd time I moved it to a external hard drive and hooked up the drive to my laptop and tried install on a different computer....same exact thing happens. Both computers are running Windows XP and are fairly new and with CCTLD system requirements being so low I HIGHLY doubt the computers are an issue.

If it helps.....once the Zip file is dl'd I can move the Zip file around on my HD (like copying it to my external drive) but if I OPEN the Zip file and try to copy and move the .exe file that is inside I get an error message "Unexpected end of file"

Is it possible the Zip file at the online store is corrupted??

Please help as I really want to play this game. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

Terminus -> RE: Please help (11/10/2009 4:03:36 PM)

Send an email to

erikr@matrixgames.com

to make sure he sees this thread. He's the guy to talk to.

Toby42 -> RE: Please help (11/10/2009 4:11:55 PM)

Did you unzip the file, or try to run the installation from the view screen?

WAMedic_slith -> RE: Please help (11/10/2009 4:17:35 PM)

If I try to use the "extract" option on the sidebar of the view screen...that's when I also get "unexpected end of file" error.

Toby42 -> RE: Please help (11/10/2009 4:21:13 PM)

I'm pretty sure that you need to extract/unzip the file to install the game. It sounds like a corrupted file, but you say that you downloaded it twice, so that shouldn't be the problem?

What program are you trying to unzip it with?

WAMedic_slith -> RE: Please help (11/10/2009 4:27:36 PM)

quote:

What program are you trying to unzip it with?

Simply using the "Extract all files" option in the Folder Task pane of the "view" screen.

sprior -> RE: Please help (11/10/2009 4:37:27 PM)

Have you compared the file size on your harddrive with the expected d/l size?

Try downloading but to a different location on your HDD

I have downlaoded and installed TLD with no probs so I know the thing works.

WAMedic_slith -> RE: Please help (11/11/2009 2:52:29 PM)

For all those that were trying to help me, I finally got the download to work last night. I utilized a download manager this time and it worked fine. Installed the game and started it up....everything looks good now.

Thanks to all that was trying to help.

Terminus -> RE: Please help (11/11/2009 3:37:22 PM)

Good to hear.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI