First "Officially Licenced" Version of Max FB? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist

afdave -> First "Officially Licenced" Version of Max FB? (11/15/2009 2:41:24 PM)

Interesting rumor here:

http://www.thesportsgamer.com/?p=232

In reality, things like this are probably the route Dave needs to go to see any real revenues coming into the door from the game at this point. The leagues themselves make perfect sense to be the "salesmen", even if just mostly sold at games and on the league/team websites, and then split the sales profits between WinterValley and the league.

My guess is the template would be making modified versions of the current MaxFB engine with:
* Only the licensed leagues gameset and rules (in this case, indoor football)
* Only the licensed leagues teams, logos and rosters (and no edit ability)
* A good playbook in place for the type of game (in this case, a good indoor football playbook)

Past that, and a few changes to graphics in game to minimize "maxFB" and have the in this case IFL logo, the engine is already in place. If this is somewhat successful, I could see trying to go after other leagues that probably wouldn't be able to get video games made to go this route (UFL, af1, AIFA, various smaller US college football conferences, div-II, div-III, NAIA, maybe even High School conferences that want to use it as a fundraiser).

If this does come to fruition for the IFL, I'd hope that the game gets indoor width goal posts as well (9 ft wide, not 18).

So, past my speculation above.... Anyone else hear anything on this route?

Mykal -> RE: First "Officially Licenced" Version of Max FB? (11/16/2009 7:45:01 PM)

couldn't care one way or the other

show me something made........... not pipe dreams

therhino -> RE: First "Officially Licenced" Version of Max FB? (12/14/2009 2:56:09 PM)

BTW this did fall through, just letting guys who aren't at Mykal's forum know.

Marauders -> RE: First "Officially Licenced" Version of Max FB? (12/18/2009 7:25:57 AM)

Thanks for the information.

My account was deleted at Maxmykal for some reason, so I don't go there anymore.

Mykal -> RE: First "Officially Licenced" Version of Max FB? (12/18/2009 1:58:15 PM)

accounts get deleted automatically after 90 days of inactivety
you must sign in at least once every 90 days to avoid it - you dont have to post - just sign in
so obviously you were not using your account at maxmykal.com anyway.

I actually like it that way too
keeps the member list current
and its easy enough to sign up again if you wish - which I notice you already have - so you do go their [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI