Axis minor activation (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath

Happycat -> Axis minor activation (11/15/2009 2:58:05 PM)

When playing as Axis, player has option of setting various nations to "human" or "AI" control. Does setting nations such as Hungary, Bulgaria and Rumania to human control interfere with the scripted events activating these powers in 1940-41? I would like the opportunity of controlling these nations early in the game, but I definitely don't want to screw up anyting in the scripted part of the game.

Thoughts, anybody?

AH4Ever -> RE: Axis minor activation (11/16/2009 11:36:03 AM)

I have not seen nor heard of any problems between Human / AI control and scripts firing in solo games vs the AI.

You can set control to Human when you setup a game or anytime after when you load a saved game.

There are major problems with events in PBEM games.

Happycat -> RE: Axis minor activation (11/19/2009 8:30:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AH4Ever

There are major problems with events in PBEM games.

Really? That's discouraging. I am about to start a pbem game. What are the problems which we should be watching out for?

Harbinger -> RE: Axis minor activation (11/19/2009 9:08:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Happycat

When playing as Axis, player has option of setting various nations to "human" or "AI" control. Does setting nations such as Hungary, Bulgaria and Rumania to human control interfere with the scripted events activating these powers in 1940-41?

This will not interfere in the events that may or may not bring the minors into the war. Should Germany exert pressure to gain any or all of the minors via Diplomacy prior to the events....the events still fire, without any effect of course.

AH4Ever -> RE: Axis minor activation (11/20/2009 10:24:39 AM)

Take a look at these threads:

Event Suggestions

A PBEM without events

Player 0?

Proposed Alternative ...

Happycat -> RE: Axis minor activation (11/20/2009 11:41:15 PM)

WOW! Those threads are an eye-opener. Talk about a flawed PBEM. I go back and forth on whether I made a good decision even buying this game. My main reason was for PBEM, and had I know that these problems existed, I probably would have waited until "Q1 of 2010" which apparently is when the developer thinks these problems might be fixed.

I see that some clever people have come up with work-arounds, but they look like more trouble than I would want to go through, considering I have other games that don't require mental gymnastics before playing [:)]

Thanks to all of you who took the time to reply.

quote:

ORIGINAL: AH4Ever

Take a look at these threads:

Event Suggestions

A PBEM without events

Player 0?

Proposed Alternative ...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI