RE: British Unit with low Exp (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

frank1970 -> RE: British Unit with low Exp (11/23/2009 2:22:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ckammp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frank

Now get real, gentlemen!

Neither the German nor the Japanese nor the Italians had any ASW abilities to speak of. The Allies were the best, plain and simple.
Therefore the Germans have the ultimate sub skippers. Just ask yourself, whether any of the Allied sub skippers would have sunk his tonnage against Allied ASW.

People trying to minimize the British subs´achievements should just compare the plain size of the Med with the Pacific to get some impression about the problems British, Italian and German subs had to fight with in the Med.

Perhaps it's just a translation problem; it looks to me like you are claiming that the Germans have the "ultimate sub skippers."

And maybe they do.
Or maybe the British.
Or the Americans.
Or someone else.
I've never claimed that any were the best, or the worst. All I asked, was if you or anyone else could prove your claims of who's best WITHOUT bashing/insulting other countries.
While I feel there has been unnecessary denigrating of the US, I also recognize that my posts regarding this could easily be seen as rude and insulting themselves. For this I sincerly apologize.

For the record, I do wish that German subs were in the game (and not just the transferred to Japan - IIRC there were 2-3).They would at least give the RN something to do![:D]

Hey, no problem. As I said, I am no native speaker. I did never want to hurt someones feelings. If I did I apologize. I just want to play this very good game and I want it so historical correct as possible!

Kind regards.

jwilkerson -> RE: British Unit with low Exp (11/23/2009 10:39:20 PM)

I don't have time to read through this whole thread - but I am getting complaints about some of the posts - so if someone is bothered by any posts in here let me know which post.

Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI