Pilot Transfer Bug NOT fixed.... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support

JohnK -> Pilot Transfer Bug NOT fixed.... (6/23/2002 3:46:01 PM)

Have 1.11, playing as Japanese, Scen. 17. I have sporadic saves but as I didn't notice it the turn it happened, I may not have that turn..do have before and after though.

This one seems REALLY hard to kill, as it was supposedly fixed in the patch.

Took Lunga, finally got airfield up to 2, put in a base force; had 3 Zero units in Rabaul, all at full strength (27) planes and 27-29 pilots each. Transfered the most experienced one to Lunga.

Didn't notice it the turn it happened, but it took 27 planes and NO PILOTS AT ALL with it. And one of the remaining Zero units in Rabaul now has 55 pilots for 27 planes. The unit in Lunga started getting hideous replacement pilots, so it now has 14 pilots, 27 planes, and an experience of 53, after having an experience level in the 80s before transfer.

Is there any way I can rectify this by either transferring the unit with 55 pilots to Lunga, or transferring the Lunga unit back to Rabaul? I fear I'm stuck with these replacements. Japanese don't have many air units, this has basically flushed my best fighter squadron down the toilet.

I also have a Mavis unit in Gili Gili (level 1 base, operating with AV support) that has 3 pilots and 9 aircraft. Other two Mavis units have normal pilot/aircraft ratios. This unit has gone for weeks without any replacement pilots showing up...stuck at 3. What gives?

Wilhammer -> (6/23/2002 6:36:08 PM)

I confirm this.

I noticed this at Lunga as well, and it sounds like it is the same in every way, a 20 something strength Zeke force transfers and loses almost all its pilots, and suddenly another Zeke force has twice as many pilots as it does planes.

JohnK -> Clarification... (6/23/2002 9:43:41 PM)

I believe the unit I transferred had 26 ready zeros and one damaged; IIRC, the old transfer bug only seemed to happen to me when 1-2 damaged planes were left behind in a transfer; all the pilots would be left with the damaged plane at the original base and the rest would fly under remote control to the new base.

I'll go back and try it with one of the other zero groups (which didn't have a damaged plane, I think.)

entemedor -> Remote-control Zeros (6/24/2002 5:00:46 PM)

Yes, I confirm strange things happen when you move IJN fighters between bases.
But beat this: I moved a Zero detachment to Gasmata, when I checked it next turn it had 9 planes and 0 pilots! Three turns passed, and no replacements arrived. Well I thought, no use to have 9 planes without pilots... Perhaps I can transfer them back? I tried and... yes! The 9 Zeros moved back to Rabaul by remote-control. And, next turn the group was back to 10 planes and 9 pilots, so I guess... Perhaps the pilots WERE ALWAYS there, but it was just a case of wrong display on the screen?

Another strange feature, I have just one Group of A5M Claude, replacement aircraft and specially pilots keep pouring over it, it now has 44 available planes (27 ready, plus 17 on reserve or maintenance) and 61 pilots! Is there a limit to the size of units?

Great game, BTW...

worr -> (6/24/2002 9:33:44 PM)

Happens with US fighters too. I get 56 pilots for 6 planes at times.

Worr, out

Hartmann -> (6/25/2002 3:36:33 AM)

I once had such a situation with my AM3 Zeros I had transferred to Lae (i.e. 0 pilots after transfer). I do not think, though, that in these cases the pilots are there and just not being shown as they get those bad replacement guys over time. I rather think that transferring squads is somehow independent from pilots availability.

Hartmann

Jorm -> (6/25/2002 2:38:37 PM)

Yep

i have combined two Catalina Sqadrons, as when i transfered them seperatly one sqn came with 3 pilots/12 planes and the other 9 pilots and 12 planes, now i have a combined single sqn with 12 pilots / 12 active planes and 12 planes have been marked as in reserve.

How do i get more pilots to this sqn ?

cheers
Paul

JohnK -> I'm Looking for solutions..... (6/25/2002 5:32:28 PM)

So, what the heck can I do? It's not possible to use the editor to go in and shuffle pilots around?

I cannot transfer any Zero squadrons from Rabaul without that squadron losing all of its pilots and slowly accumulating 50 experience replacement pilots, and having all of its original pilots assigned to one of the other Rabaul squadrons, given one of the squadrons 55 pilots.

This is a particular game I'd been playing for quite some time.

Basically a game-killer for me. I've tried every combination of transferinng squadrons around to various bases and there's nothing I can do to get things sorted out correctly.

Spooky -> (6/25/2002 6:27:54 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jorm
[B]Yep

i have combined two Catalina Sqadrons, as when i transfered them seperatly one sqn came with 3 pilots/12 planes and the other 9 pilots and 12 planes, now i have a combined single sqn with 12 pilots / 12 active planes and 12 planes have been marked as in reserve.

How do i get more pilots to this sqn ?

cheers
Paul [/B][/QUOTE]

Please check if the maximal number of operational planes in this squad is not 12 ;)

Yamamoto -> (6/25/2002 9:23:14 PM)

Last night I transferred a G4M1 squadron from Rabaul to Lunga. Of the 27 planes that were ready, only 9 transferred, along with five pilots. The remaining planes then had fifty some pilots. Prior to this the squadron had 27 planes and 27 pilots.

One turn later the remaining planes and pilots transferred. Now the entire group is at Lunga with many pilots to spare.

Yamamoto

Armorer -> (6/25/2002 10:49:27 PM)

Greetings,

JohnK, this is probably a pain in the ***, and I'm not sure if it's even feasible, not having played the Japanese yet, but how about transferring to a CVL or CVE first, then transferring to the new base? Like I said, probably a pain, but possibly workable, at least until the bug is fixed?

Hope this can help.

Regards,
Randy

JohnK -> Yamamoto... (6/26/2002 1:16:43 AM)

I know, I've seen that happen as well; my problem is I have MORE than one squadron of A6M2s at Rabaul, and all the pilots go to one of the OTHER squadrons.

Wilhammer -> (7/1/2002 7:41:36 AM)

I just ran into this one in a big way.

Transferred squadrons, 6 of them, from Rabaul to either Gili-Gil or Lunga.

The resulty was that when they arrived at the new home, some squadrons with 27 A/C had 2, sometimes, 0 pilots, and back at Rabaul, the squadron of wrecks had scores of extra pilots.

Damned frustrating.

Now I transferred every one of my land based Zeros to Gili Gili, hoping these guys would get their act together in one base, but NO, I still have 27 strength squadrons with less than half the pilots needed, and small squadrons of 2-8 planes having at least twice as many pilots as needed.

I looked at my carrier squadrons, and they to suffer from the same problem.

BPRE -> Is this acknowledged as a bug? (7/3/2002 12:55:12 AM)

Does anyone know if this has been acknowledged as a bug to be fixed? It's happening all the time to me in scenario 5 as Allied playing the AI and I can supply saved game files if it's interesting.

Any comment from Matrix?

/BPRE

NWB -> (7/4/2002 1:31:26 PM)

I have the same problem too. When I rotate my Zeke squadrons between Rabaul and Lae only the aircrafts go to the new base and all of the pilots jointed another Zeke squadron in the original base! Hope that will be fixed very soon as the problem make rotation impossible.

Ron Saueracker -> Yorktown AGs (7/6/2002 9:11:00 AM)

The Yorktown AG was landed when she went to PH. They ballooned but somehow I got them back on (overloaded the CV) but after a week or so the AGs reverted back to the right numbers but of 36 SBDs, I've only 7 pilots and no improvement over a few more weeks.

This bug is going to be a bitch for the developers I think.:cool:

mogami -> Insatant pilots (7/6/2002 9:28:52 AM)

Hi, to fill a group with pilots just fly 100 percent of aircraft for 1 mission. Fighters put on LRCAP bombers 100 percent on search.
This is best way to get pilots to so up for groups that start below number of aircraft. The groups that lose pilots on transfer I will have to watch out for that. (I only transfer to new base when 100 percent flyable)

dgaad -> (7/6/2002 4:14:54 PM)

I confirm what mogami said. Ignore what the display says and keep using the units as you would normally. The pilots and planes thing gets sorted out as soon as the group gets assigned an active mission. Even a training mission works for this. I prefer an LRCAP for fighters over the base itself, or an ASW mission for all others. It'll be ready to rock and roll after the first mission.

Wilhammer -> Float Plane Transfer Problems (7/7/2002 3:45:43 AM)

Sent CS Nisshin out for a spin, and decided to send one of its float plane squadrons out ahead to a just secured island to use as a float plane base.

Nisshin then docks at said island the next day.

A newly arrived Emily is slated to deploy to this new seaplane base, and I decide to put my float plane back on the Nisshin.

A surprise awaits; the Alf group has gained 6 planes to reach 16 AC, on board the Nisshin. The Petes on the island got a jump from 10 to 16 as well.

Imagine that! And, to top it off, I was able to only put 8 of the Petes back on board (now 24 AC on board Nisshin) and gained a new unit of 8 Petes.

BPRE -> Not always instant (7/12/2002 12:27:12 AM)

I wish that Mogamis tip worked a 100% but it doesn't look like it. This had happened several times to me as US against the computer and after reading this post I tried setting some airgroups on 100% ASW and some other on 100% LRCAP on the same base. I had a PBY group losing all except 1 pilot. It received another 4 the next day (or maybe 2 days later) but not anymore after that. Since it's flying 100% Naval Search all the time it ought to fill up quickly but it doesn't.
The other groups are still below the no of assigned aircraft so in case they are filling up it's very slow (played at least 7 turns since then).

/BPRE

EricLarsen -> Plane Transfers (7/12/2002 10:06:55 PM)

I have noticed this problem as well. I moved 18 ready Nells, no planes in repair or reserve, with 18 pilots from Rabaul to Lunga. When I looked the next turn I had 18 Nells but only 10 pilots and the air unit was set for training at zero level so no planes would fly after transfer so they could recover fatigue quicker. I had plenty of avaition support at Lunga at the time of transfer to cover the new Nells and even that didn't do the trick. Lunga was also at Level 5, and then quickly expanded to level 6 and still I have received no new pilots at Lunga for the lonely Nells. The air unit has gained another Nell, but I have not received new pilots for this unit while the other two Nell units in Rabaul are gaining new A/C and pilots and it no longer has sufficient avaition support for all the planes there! There is something still wrong with how the program is allocating pilots to air units when they're not at some major base that was major at the start. I don't see the problem when I transfer from Truk to Rabaul and I didn't notice this when I transferred all my Betty's to Lae, even when that base didn't have the avaition support to cover the 200+ bombers.
Thanks,

Eric Larsen

Wilhammer -> (7/12/2002 10:25:28 PM)

Eric,

I note the same behaviour about which bases are subjected to this.

It SEEMS that things happen as they should with bases you already have at the start of the scenario, but on the ones you pick up, the new ones, things start to go bad for pilot transfers.

Wilhammer -> (7/13/2002 12:42:14 AM)

BTW, what was the worse example of this you ever saw?

Once, I had 27 count ZERO and no pilots after a transfer to Gili-Gil, and back at the base they left (Rabaul), I had a '0' strength ZERO with 1 under repair with 138 pilots assigned it!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI