Cable users...assume the position! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

nyarlathotep -> Cable users...assume the position! (6/23/2002 8:12:02 PM)

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizwk/020612/tc200206121108_2.html

Appears to be aimed at bandwidth hogging warez monkeys, but I'm a little concerned.

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (6/24/2002 4:26:43 AM)

Hmmmm

Well my take on the article after reading it.
A better mousetrap perhaps.

I personally would applaud something that stems the flow.
And you know, it would effectively be shooting myself in the foot.
Because I currently enjoy a great wealth of anime video that I get from a friend, that enjoys access to high speed high volume peer to peer set ups.

But I come from a time when if you wanted it, you had to buy it. Heck I even hate credit cards to some extent.

I would not call it horrible, if tomorrow I woke in a world where awesome file sharing was suddenly, poof, gone.
I wouldn't be able to get more than a fraction what I can get now admittedly.
Then again, would that be so bad?

I have not been entirely in love with the always upwards spiral of computer advancement. Net speed and net volume is to some extent quite the drug. I would have to say I am somewhat addicted to the level of service.

Sure the world would see a lot of people lose a lot of money. Well only if your lifestyle was firmly rooted in fast service massive volume requirement technology.
If credit, tomorrow disappeared, yes you would not be able to spend quite so casually. And yes people that sell via the net would be greatly inconvenienced (maybe even economically ruined).

But in the end, the world worked just before all this, it would work just fine without it (some might have to start all over, but well, life is like that sometimes).

But for now, hmmmm well I have to say, like the example guy in the article said, I have no problem saying quite honestly, if I can get it for free, I will accept that gladly.
I "buy" wargames only out of biased love for my hobby. Don't mistake it for beiong noble though. I really dont care what happens to musicians in the end for instance.

But I won't whine over the loss of something that was not there for the first 3/4 of my life in the first place.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI