release (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

bairdlander2 -> release (11/24/2009 4:09:38 AM)

Can we get an approximate release date?

wworld7 -> RE: release (11/24/2009 5:41:21 AM)

I beleive when this project is to the point where they could give us a good estimate we will hear something. IMO, better this way, than to be teased with a date that winds up being impossible to meet.

Shupov -> RE: release (11/24/2009 2:59:28 PM)

Jim Wirth ("jaw") says the summer of 2010 is the current projected release date.  So let's hope for June 22nd, the anniversary of Barbarossa!

That being said, we have waited many years for the successor to WiR, so it's worth waiting as long as it takes to create a great game!

Hard Sarge -> RE: release (11/24/2009 3:22:02 PM)

come on guys, lets not go down this road yet

we in Alpha right now, a very good Alpha, once we get into the middle stages of Beta, we should start getting a much better idea on time

Terminus -> RE: release (11/24/2009 5:00:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

You're kidding, right? I'm surprised how few of these threads we've seen yet.

Skanvak -> RE: release (11/24/2009 6:04:00 PM)

Well, may be people have learn from other game developpement.

Unless Matrix want to enforce a fix date, any date given will be meaningless and bring resentment. Let them give us a date when they are ready to take pre-order, before it is pointless.

Vasquez -> RE: release (11/24/2009 6:35:16 PM)

Gary & Co should take the time they need to make the game perfect. Who cares about a few years more or less since we are waiting for this game since ages.. [:)]

bairdlander2 -> RE: release (11/25/2009 2:53:16 AM)

I was asking for an approximate release date,allow me to clarify I didnt mean an exact date but was wondering if it will be released in spring,summer or when ever.I agree they should take their time with testing etc.Unlike a recent title from another company that should not have been released and I shall not name,but some might know what title I am referring to [:D][:D][:D]

elmo3 -> RE: release (11/25/2009 3:07:01 AM)

Thought Joel said Summer 2010.

freeboy -> RE: release (11/25/2009 3:35:24 AM)

summer would be great.. perhaps it will go to beta by summer

MikeBrough -> RE: release (11/26/2009 7:45:42 AM)

quote:

we in Alpha right now, a very good Alpha, once we get into the middle stages of Beta, we should start getting a much better idea on time

Sarge, if Matrix didn't want us speculating about release dates, they wouldn't set up a forum in the first place.

loveman2 -> RE: release (11/26/2009 10:29:34 AM)

Played WIR for years and cannot wait for Mr Grisby to release thie title.[&o]

Terminus -> RE: release (11/26/2009 10:30:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skanvak

Well, may be people have learn from other game developpement.

Unless Matrix want to enforce a fix date, any date given will be meaningless and bring resentment. Let them give us a date when they are ready to take pre-order, before it is pointless.

Matrix doesn't do pre-orders. They'll give you the date when it's available for purchase.

Skanvak -> RE: release (11/26/2009 5:35:07 PM)

Terminus,

you are surely right. It does not change the meaning of my post anyway.

Zemke -> RE: release (11/26/2009 5:46:18 PM)

I would rather wait longer for better, and as someone has already pointed out, dates in game development are meanless.  We have a rough time frame, Summer of 2010, but if they need longer that is fine by me.  This is THE GAME I am waiting on.

PyleDriver -> RE: release (11/26/2009 6:09:29 PM)

We think we have the supply historical now. Theres still alot of research being done on production issues and scenarios. Guys relax, we don't want to put out a game like Second Front that was rushed. Matrix was a little hasty in anouncing its coming... Joel said we can give more screen shots, so after the holiday I plan to post some. Remember were still in alpha, and every week it changes for the better.

Lrfss -> RE: release (12/4/2009 11:30:08 PM)

Damn I've been waiting for this to come out the day after I bought WIR which I bought they day it was released, what year and day was that BTW? Been too long though!

Finally, just hoping it comes in at the level of WITP_AE no doubt! No reason why it shouldnt?

Since it may be another 15 years or so until a WITE2 comes out I hope you guys do this one up big time!

Later!

Lrfss

PyleDriver -> RE: release (12/4/2009 11:46:11 PM)

Well the one thing I will say, this is a much more user friendly and free flowing game than WitP. I not saying this is not as historical, theres just to much in WitP to keep up with to make it real fun. This game is so much fun, and I've been testing it now for 20 months, and I'm not burnt out yet... It was a good week with additions and bug corrections, and we do it every week... Whatever the cost is at book signing day, pay the price, you won't regreat it...

Rasputitsa -> RE: release (12/5/2009 10:47:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lrfss

Damn I've been waiting for this to come out the day after I bought WIR which I bought they day it was released, what year and day was that BTW? Been too long though!

The SSI copy-write date for the WIR Manual is 1993, but I bought an earlier version for the Atari during the 1980s, which shows how good it is, still on the hard-drive, still working. [:)]

Chris21wen -> RE: release (12/7/2009 5:51:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

You're kidding, right? I'm surprised how few of these threads we've seen yet.

Hello T

Not just a WitP man then[:)]

Stryder -> RE: release (12/13/2009 12:20:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lrfss

Finally, just hoping it comes in at the level of WITP_AE no doubt! No reason why it shouldnt?

Since it may be another 15 years or so until a WITE2 comes out I hope you guys do this one up big time!

Later!

Lrfss

I too am a huge WIR fan and I can tell you that WiTE is worth the wait! If you loved WIR but wanted more, this is the game for you.. still learning the ropes but I am truly having a lot of fun with it.

Fred98 -> RE: release (12/13/2009 11:38:23 AM)

[:D]

KarlXII -> RE: release (12/14/2009 11:22:16 AM)

Meanwhile I´ve picked up my old Western Front and play it through DosBox.

What a wonderful game that is.

Hexagon -> RE: release (12/14/2009 3:44:13 PM)

Sorry, wrong post [:D]

Neal_MLC -> RE: release (2/4/2010 2:02:44 AM)

I think June 22 would be an excellent release date. I would like 2010 but would be happy with 2011. Any idea of the price? $100.00??

Muzrub -> RE: release (2/4/2010 2:35:22 AM)

Oh dear- June 22- yeah lets drag it out and demand a higher price!

I have an even better idea- how's June 22, 2041 and $3000 cash!

Obsolete -> RE: release (2/4/2010 5:28:17 AM)

quote:

but I bought an earlier version for the Atari during the 1980s

Congrats on Atari for being one of the very few companies who could get certain games to be officially completed on the original expected completion dates.  However, sadly we all found out how HORRIBLE titles like their E.T. flagship really turned out to be.

Big lesson learned there.  Please keep things in beta as long as it takes, I certainly don't want another Axis&Allies Iron-****z episode to go through again either.

USSLockwood -> RE: release (2/4/2010 10:39:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shupov

Jim Wirth ("jaw") says the summer of 2010 is the current projected release date.  So let's hope for June 22nd, the anniversary of Barbarossa!

That being said, we have waited many years for the successor to WiR, so it's worth waiting as long as it takes to create a great game!

June 22nd just happens to be a Tuesday, the day of the week when new games are released.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI