Thinking of Buying CC WaR (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein

GaryChildress -> Thinking of Buying CC WaR (11/27/2009 7:46:45 PM)

With the holiday sale the price seems right. I'm wondering a couple things however:

1. Are there any bugs which haven't been fixed by the latest patches? If so are there more patches in the works?

2. I think I saw somewhere where this game is going to be pached with some of the new features of CC TLD such as flares and night combat. Is this true? Has it happened yet or is it in the works?

3. What are some of the pros and cons of CC WaR?

Thanks.

yuma27 -> RE: Thinking of Buying CC WaR (11/28/2009 5:03:31 PM)

I would not recommend buying it until a better patch comes out and fixes the "girly soldier" problem. Unfortunately CC WAR seems to have fallen thru the cracks at Matrix and I'm not holding my breath for a patch. There are some great new maps but the game itself is much more frustrating to play than the original CC4.

Platoon_Michael -> RE: Thinking of Buying CC WaR (11/29/2009 1:21:50 PM)

If the price is right for you I'd buy it.

#1) Are there any bugs which haven't been fixed by the latest patches?
Yes,to many to list
#1)If so are there more patches in the works?
Supposedly

#2)I think I saw somewhere where this game is going to be pached with some of the new features of CC TLD such as flares and night combat. Is this true? Has it happened yet or is it in the works?
In the works but not currently available

#3)What are some of the pros and cons of CC WaR?
None,if you have tLD the only differance will be the changes needed for the BotB,maps,BG Names etc etc

The biggest issue with WAR is the ability or inability in understand the LOS on the maps.
All too often you can shoot through houses or across a larger area of the map where you would think their is no LOS.
There's also LOS problems in fields where you would expect LOS to be only to not have it.

Felix C -> RE: Thinking of Buying CC WaR (12/1/2009 1:30:21 AM)

I have CC4BOB.

How is this game different. I notice the year end special pricing.

What would be noticeably different than CC4?

Andrew Williams -> RE: Thinking of Buying CC WaR (12/1/2009 1:53:10 AM)

64 maps as opposed to 43

Much larger Strat map encouraging movement.

You get to select your teams - in CC4 the BG;s were locked

More diversity in teams and equipment

Support

Alternate campaigns and scenarios and the first mods

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/WaR/WaRmods.html

[image]http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/pics/strat2.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI