1 question on the current version... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Sturmbannfuhrer -> 1 question on the current version... (6/25/2002 11:40:12 PM)

Ok...heres my little complication...

Previously, i was using V6.0, then yesterday i d/l V7.11 and upgraded my current version...then i saw down there at the main menu...it says..."V7.0" :eek: I thought it was supposed to be V7.11...

And the previous so called bugs being corrected...but i still see no changes besides the newer pictures and additional weapons for the older ones...

Jim1954 -> (6/26/2002 12:52:44 AM)

Were you downloading 7.1. I believe that 7.1 is the latest "official " patch. 7.11 was gmenfans unofficial dealing w/ some oob oddities. When you extract 7.1, make sure that you edit the download path. There is an inadvertant space between Matrix and games in the path that needs to be deleted. ie. C:\matrixgames\..... and not C:\matrix games.... It puts the update in the wrong subfolder. Version at the bottom of the main screen should say 7.1 Hope this helps.

Supervisor -> (6/26/2002 12:56:37 AM)

Jim is correct the latest official patch is 7.1, the 7.11 you speak of were just updated OOB's and will not change the version # in the main screen.

Sturmbannfuhrer -> (6/26/2002 11:49:14 PM)

ok...thanks guys...

Where can i get the official 7.1 from ?

Oh and i just discovered that the Australian Vickers Medium just became invincible...took me 5 Pz 35t and 2 PzIII j to take out 1 of it...and thats frontal fire...anyway i manage to get them routed and retreating with artillery fire and then attempted to blow them up where they were the weakest, and guess what happened...

15 shots from my Pz35t to the rear of a single tank and turret and not a single one penetrated it...:mad:

What happened to realism man...is this a light tank or is it a super tank ?Its invincible to my fire and took me almost 22 tanks to take out just 2 light tanks...
:eek:

must be a bug i guess...maybe its the OOBs

Kindly advise TQ;)

Jim1954 -> (6/27/2002 12:51:35 AM)

There are a whole lot of variables, range, angle off, etc. Check the penetration tables for the firing units and look at the armor values of the target aspect. You might have been too far away. What are your realism settings for hard targets set to? That will also affect your fire. So will as unit experience.

As far as the 7.1 update, look at the top of the main forum page or at matrix's homepage and click on downloads. Look for Steel Panthers World At War. Click on that and download the last one, which is the patch. When you extract it, make sure that you remove the space between matrix and games in the path. It should read C:\matrixgames.... and not C:\matrix games...
Failure to do that will put update in the wrong place.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI