Oil Offensive Problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich

chrisp -> Oil Offensive Problem (12/2/2009 5:14:06 PM)

Just got the game, started with the Oil Offensive I. Good to see that my fighters don't fly to Dover when they complete their missions!

But I can't bomb or recon Ploesti. I try and recon and it sets up a mission from an emptry airfield in Ukraine. I try and bomb and it gives me a dotted red line to the target and no eligible bombers. What's up wit' dat?

Incidentally, the first time I played, I failed to notice that the default bomber altitude was 5000 feet. Oops. 70 bombers later, I noticed my mistake....... ;-)

Chris P.

JapLance -> RE: Oil Offensive Problem (12/2/2009 5:28:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: chrisp

Just got the game, started with the Oil Offensive I. Good to see that my fighters don't fly to Dover when they complete their missions!

But I can't bomb or recon Ploesti. I try and recon and it sets up a mission from an emptry airfield in Ukraine. I try and bomb and it gives me a dotted red line to the target and no eligible bombers. What's up wit' dat?

Incidentally, the first time I played, I failed to notice that the default bomber altitude was 5000 feet. Oops. 70 bombers later, I noticed my mistake....... ;-)

Chris P.

By default the game selects your closest base as starting point, but obviously there are no aircraft in early 1944 in Ukraine. What you need to do is replace the first waypoint (Inbound 1) closer to your bases in Italy and you will have a big number of B-24 groups to use.

wernerpruckner -> RE: Oil Offensive Problem (12/2/2009 7:07:02 PM)

Ploesti is too far away from the UK......the Romanian oilfields were the targets for the 15th AF.

chrisp -> RE: Oil Offensive Problem (12/3/2009 1:48:54 PM)

Japlance:

Yeah, that was it! Thanks!

Chris P.

Mallorca, eh? That's a little like Kansas. You got ocean, we got, um, wheat.......

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI