It's here at last!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

GulfXray -> It's here at last!!! (6/26/2002 6:09:52 AM)

At last!! My Father's day present is here -- it was suppossed to arrive on the 14th, but got lost at the local UPS distribution center so they sent it back to CA!! 12 business days total - I was about to die. I've been lurking since early June and just wanted to share my good news with someone who could appreciate it ;-)

What would be a good scenario to start on? I've got a business trip coming up later this week so I'll plenty of time to read the manual and 'experiment'.

Also, if someone could summarize the key things to remember it would help. I know CAP has to be one!

Now all those good AARs and other detail discussions will mean more. Thanks guys for help and thnaks Matrix & 2by3 for what looks like many many fun hours...

Huskalator -> (6/26/2002 7:06:19 AM)

Glad to hear it. Don't forget to download the 1.10 and 1.11 patches. They really enhance the game.

Have fun! :)

Caltone -> (6/26/2002 7:08:48 AM)

Congrats :D

You will find this title well worth the wait.

I would start out by patching to 1.10 then to 1.11. Then run the tutorials. For a first game, I jumped right into the long scenario although many here tried the Coral Sea scenario.

Once you feel comfortable with the system, pbem is the way to go. I also run a game against the AI. To get the best long campaign game out of the AI, I would reccommend scenario 16 if you prefer to play as Japan and scenario 19 if you prefer Allies. The two areas to tinker with seem to be ship commitment level and difficulty level.

As for tips, no doubt if you have been reading the boards, there are tons here. If I could say only one tip, it would be to micromanage your carrier TF's movement and beware of letting them "react to enemy"

Have fun!

Raverdave -> (6/26/2002 8:59:40 AM)

Well you had better warn you family that you will not be seeing them for some time....just ask for your food to be slipped under the door. Enjoy.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI