creating AKA's (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

samthesham -> creating AKA's (12/7/2009 7:10:42 AM)

I am playing the campaign game, I cannot see AKA as a valid upgrade for AK's such as the Bellatrix, which appears in the guadacanal scenario as an AKA.

How do you get AKA's?

Paul

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: creating AKA's (12/7/2009 1:26:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: samthesham

I am playing the campaign game, I cannot see AKA as a valid upgrade for AK's such as the Bellatrix, which appears in the guadacanal scenario as an AKA.

How do you get AKA's?

Paul

Read the manual on "ship conversion." On one of the updates (1943 I think) you get the option to convert xAKs to AKAs (one-way, not reversible.) I don't recall shipyard size limits, delays, etc., but that's how you get them. Then I believe there are purpose-built AKAs later in the delivery queue. Many classes of ship have conversion routes. They are different than upgrades. The options are in yellow on the ship data screens. Really start looking for them in late 1942 and early 1943.

Nomad -> RE: creating AKA's (12/7/2009 1:40:56 PM)

A lot of the AP and AKs have upgrades to APA/AKA. They are the second or third upgrade.

samthesham -> RE: creating AKA's (12/8/2009 8:33:58 PM)

Are the second and third upgrades not initially visible? I am sure I have scrolled through every single AK and see some with upgrades, like to an AE, a few with multiple choices but no AKA's that I can see out of the box.

Nomad -> RE: creating AKA's (12/8/2009 9:19:24 PM)

You often have an upgrade to a AK/AP with better Aa and then the next upgrade is to an AKA/APA and I think they start sometime in early 1943.

oldman45 -> RE: creating AKA's (12/9/2009 12:07:16 AM)

6-43 certain AK's have the option to convert to AKA. The same for the AP, except they start 4-43.

samthesham -> RE: creating AKA's (12/11/2009 8:32:33 AM)

Found out the answer, with your help. More clarification in case others have the issue. Creating an AKA or APA is not a conversion, is an upgrade, usually down one level. Dont look at xAKs or xAps they will not have an AKA or APA available, as far as I can see.

I was scouring the xAKs.

Thanks guys.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI