Withdraw issue (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

jbdenney -> Withdraw issue (12/7/2009 9:55:45 PM)

I have 5 air groups at the East Coast that are 10 days overdue for withdrawal. The Withdraw Group button is not active so I cannot withdraw. Am I missing something?

rockmedic109 -> RE: Withdraw issue (12/7/2009 10:00:19 PM)

You have to disband them.  When you withdraw, the planes and pilots go back to the pool.  You loose them when you disband {which is historically accurate as these planes and pliots went to Europe.

Zacktar -> RE: Withdraw issue (12/7/2009 10:00:26 PM)

You'll probably need to disband them. This happens for groups that are leaving the game permanently (off to Europe), so they don't "withdraw" in game terms.

Lrfss -> RE: Withdraw issue (12/7/2009 10:01:04 PM)

Just use the Disband button, not sure why it is that with some units the "Withdraw" is not available though?

Sincerely,

Lrfss

Q-Ball -> RE: Withdraw issue (12/7/2009 10:17:56 PM)

Here is a nifty trick: If you can use the planes, "upgrade" the unit first to a type you don't need, like P-26. The good planes will then drop into the pool, and the planes you actually lose will be the P-26s. THEN disband the unit.

I'm sure the European Theater commanders will thank you

Terminus -> RE: Withdraw issue (12/7/2009 10:18:49 PM)

Yeah, that's not gamey at all...

AW1Steve -> RE: Withdraw issue (12/7/2009 10:57:17 PM)

Yeah , instead let's give our best planes to trainees to play with. Since they will re-equip before they go to Europe anyhow. And let's send p-36's, p-35's and p-26's overseas to the combat units. Sometimes I think that the defination of "gamey" means acting stupid because someone in real life was. Why play the game if your just going to repeat the same moves, plans and stupid mistakes? [&:]

bradfordkay -> RE: Withdraw issue (12/7/2009 11:16:52 PM)

Steve, do you send forward your newest, best equipment to a location where it can't be serviced correctly or do you keep it in reserve in case you really need it? Remember, in early 1942 we really had no idea just how far the Japanese were going to advance.

In playing around against the AI last night, I had a 1941 (the movie) moment: one of my search planes radioed that he had spotted eight Japanese ships just off Catalina Island!

LargeSlowTarget -> RE: Withdraw issue (12/7/2009 11:30:21 PM)

All pilots can be retained as well - assign them first to the group reserve and then to the general reserve. Then disband the empty shell. Gamey... 

FOW -> RE: Withdraw issue (12/8/2009 8:27:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

All pilots can be retained as well - assign them first to the group reserve and then to the general reserve. Then disband the empty shell. Gamey... 

At least refill the unit with rookies to salve your conscience from 'gamey' actions - even against the AI [;)]

ETF -> RE: Withdraw issue (12/8/2009 7:14:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Ok sorry how do you do this exactly?

ThankYou

freeboy -> RE: Withdraw issue (12/8/2009 9:07:14 PM)

seriously conscience? lol

ETF -> RE: Withdraw issue (12/9/2009 12:28:38 AM)

No I just don't understand how to do any pilot management of any kind at this stage [X(]

AW1Steve -> RE: Withdraw issue (12/9/2009 11:45:42 AM)

...deleted...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI