Decompression Error #7 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

J30G20 -> Decompression Error #7 (12/11/2009 5:45:15 AM)

Hello

Loading up my new Windows 7 machine. Attempting to load Kharkov:Disaster on the Donets. Everything moving fine until the install gets to a file containing the scenario maps and I get a Decompression Error #7, retry multiple times with no luck. Hit ignore and game finishes install. Start up game, no problems, except map, terrain, hexes, etc are black. Counters show and instructions but the rest is a sea of black. Obviously the file that would not decompress. Any thoughts or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Len [&:]

J30G20 -> RE: Decompression Error #7 (12/11/2009 6:05:36 AM)

Hello, again:

Forgot to mention that I am using 64 bit Windows 7 and a eVGA nVidia GTX 275 with drivers dated 12/2009. AND, as part of the decompression error, it states that I have a CRC mismatch. Loading from game disk, not a download.

Thanks

Len [8|]

Qwixt -> RE: Decompression Error #7 (12/11/2009 6:50:51 AM)

CRC mismatch generally means that the data is corrupt, so it sounds like the game disk is bad in some way. Best thing I can suggest at this point is make sure the CD is clean, and look for deep scratches

Joshuatree -> RE: Decompression Error #7 (12/12/2009 4:38:13 PM)

I don't know if this is possible or not, but if you registered your game at Matrix' you could download it and install again.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI