AI War Fleet Command (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Motomouse -> AI War Fleet Command (12/15/2009 8:24:14 PM)

Hi, recently I am enjoying AI War Fleet Command quite a bit: Epic real time battles in space on a very grand scale. I would like to recommend to have a look at it and I also think it would be perhaps a nice addition to the matrix catalogue.

Regards
Motomouse

Arctic Blast -> RE: AI War Fleet Command (12/15/2009 9:22:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Motomouse

Hi, recently I am enjoying AI War Fleet Command quite a bit: Epic real time battles in space on a very grand scale. I would like to recommend to have a look at it and I also think it would be perhaps a nice addition to the matrix catalogue.

Regards
Motomouse

I've enjoyed the demo. Waiting to buy the game in case it pops up in a Christmas sale...so far, Gamersgate has it 30% off, but I'm holding out. :)

I don't think he's looking for a publisher though, considering he's already available on all of the major digital retail outlets.

JudgeDredd -> RE: AI War Fleet Command (12/15/2009 10:14:03 PM)

I just looked out of curiosity, and there are two things that strike me...

1. It looks awful graphically and
2. Busy is not the word

No offense but the graphics made my eyes bleed and I was awestruck at what the hell I was meant to be doing with all those units.

Waaaaaaaaaaay to busy on screen for me.

V22 Osprey -> RE: AI War Fleet Command (12/15/2009 11:33:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

2. Busy is not the word

No offense but the graphics made my eyes bleed and I was awestruck at what the hell I was meant to be doing with all those units.

1)That's everyone says about the graphics, but once they play the game they love it.
2)I would play the demo.It looks like alot of stuff on screen and there is...but it's much simpler than it looks and trust me it's no more complicated or busy than Supreme Commander, or all the wargames you play for that matter.

Qwixt -> RE: AI War Fleet Command (12/16/2009 12:32:56 AM)

I gave the demo a shot. I didn't care for it. The zooming annoyed me a bit and discerning the units was a bit of a pain.

JudgeDredd -> RE: AI War Fleet Command (12/16/2009 7:40:34 AM)

No thank you. You enjoy though [;)]

Arctic Blast -> RE: AI War Fleet Command (12/16/2009 9:41:03 PM)

Initially I was worried about the number of units on screen as well. Then I discovered that you don't need to micromanage every one of them because they're quite smart about what they attack all on their own in battles.

Hertston -> RE: AI War Fleet Command (12/16/2009 9:44:45 PM)

GotY. And I don't normally 'do' RTS games.

BTW, although the graphics are still very 'indie', the programmer has an artist on board now and they have improved a heck of a lot with the 2.0 release, and the expansion.

killroyishere -> RE: AI War Fleet Command (12/17/2009 1:45:11 AM)

quote:

2. Busy is not the word

I 2nd this plus the fact it is RTS was game over man from the start really. If developers would take more influence from Mad Minutes 2nd Manassas they might sell more games.

quote:

GotY. And I don't normally 'do' RTS games.

You are kidding right?

V22 Osprey -> RE: AI War Fleet Command (12/17/2009 1:53:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: killroyishere

quote:

2. Busy is not the word

I 2nd this plus the fact it is RTS was game over man from the start really. If developers would take more influence from Mad Minutes 2nd Manassas they might sell more games.

No probably not.Don't forget these games are just RTS games.They appeal more to the 'Command and Conquer'(Ugh!) players.Big video game magazines and their reviewers don't like more realistic things like 2nd Manassas.Note the lower score(71, Metascore) compared to something like Empire Total War(90, Metascore).It will just never catch on because of these review just don't like these kind of games.Sad Really.[8|]

LarryP -> RE: AI War Fleet Command (12/17/2009 4:32:34 AM)

It has a pause feature that lets you do almost everything while the game is frozen. Nice for the TBS gamers, like me.

This game has a ton of features and they are all honed nicely by a developer that really cares about his product. I have talked with Chris on many occasions since the start of this game and I believe he is going to go far with Arcen Games. He is also working on other titles to be released soon.

This game uses a simple registration number like Matrix does. You can also use the expansion on a trial bases and switch back and forth to it. If you buy the expansion which is in progress, it is ony $10. I got the game for $16 and this is one of the best buys in gaming right now. His web site support is fast and thorough.

The little things in this game are done with perfection, and as you play it you see them unfold. He used to release an update daily, which was really nice. Now they are not nearly as often but he still keeps putting them out.

Hertston -> RE: AI War Fleet Command (12/17/2009 6:39:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: killroyishere
You are kidding right?

Nope. This one is not 'just' an RTS game, it is totally unique.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI