another silly question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

dougmichel -> another silly question (12/26/2009 9:47:55 PM)

My CV force is getting low on fighters, F4F-3 wildcats, and I have a spare unit that was not on a carrier at PH. This squad is "carrier capable" while the ons on the CVs are "carrier trained" I have been unable to withdraw or disband the capable ones so that I can use their planes to replace the depleated squads on my air fleet. I have moved many of the carrier planes to a base where the ones I want to remove are, and I get the message that I need the same kind of planes and nationality to disband/withdraw. Is this a case where I cannot do it because of the trained/capable thing?

If so, should I put this full unit on a carrier and withdraw one of the trained units so that their planes go into the pool and I get a fresh unit in 60 days?

Misconduct -> RE: another silly question (12/26/2009 11:20:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dougmichel

My CV force is getting low on fighters, F4F-3 wildcats, and I have a spare unit that was not on a carrier at PH. This squad is "carrier capable" while the ons on the CVs are "carrier trained" I have been unable to withdraw or disband the capable ones so that I can use their planes to replace the depleated squads on my air fleet. I have moved many of the carrier planes to a base where the ones I want to remove are, and I get the message that I need the same kind of planes and nationality to disband/withdraw. Is this a case where I cannot do it because of the trained/capable thing?

If so, should I put this full unit on a carrier and withdraw one of the trained units so that their planes go into the pool and I get a fresh unit in 60 days?

Carrier Capable mean they are capable of being flown off a CV, where as other units can be transported, but can't fly off the CV. What reason can the squadron not be withdrawn? You want to disband the squadron to throw your pilots back in the pool, as well as planes. You might want to check see if the ones at PH are F4F's or F3F's, or Navy/Marines.

By the way, if you take a squadron off a carrier, be very careful about what you do, I seen some funky things happen when you trade carrier wings and what not. I would honestly leave the squadrons on the carriers alone, and only add other units to the carrier if absolutely needed. One thing I did early in the war was take off all Devistator units and replace with F3F/F4f's from marine units that were carrier capable. Basically the devistator is a useless piece of crap anyhow, and the F4F's give me better CAP protection in 1 on 1 odd situations.

Misconduct -> RE: another silly question (12/26/2009 11:24:11 PM)

I would check see if your squadron at PH is fragmented, secondly if its F2F's, F3F's or F4F's - also USMC or Navy. Only reason they would not disband if the squadron is fragmented, could be 1 plane at San Diego, and 15 others at PH and its still fragmented.

dougmichel -> RE: another silly question (12/26/2009 11:51:09 PM)

There was not a fragment which was what I had thought initially.  I found a workaround for it, I upgraded 2 units to the F4F-4 along with this one unit in question, then I was able to withdraw it, might have been a strange glitch or something since they were all F4F-3 planes with no fragments.  I guess I never checked if they were USMC or Navy, that might have been a problem, but it was allowed to withdraw/disband when upgraded, so who knows.  I will remember about not taking the squads off, I don't want them flying into the Bermuda Triangle (I guess the Dragon's Triangle for this map :p )

tocaff -> RE: another silly question (12/27/2009 12:22:40 AM)

Carrier capable means that the planes can be used for carrier ops.  Carrier trained means that the pilots are qualified for CV ops.  A big difference here in ops loses.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI