Issue with updater (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support

thegiddens4 -> Issue with updater (1/12/2010 3:07:11 PM)

Hey all,

I've recently installed the game and when I run the updater it returns an FTP error when building the handle. Any suggestions on a work around?

gukan -> RE: Issue with updater (1/14/2010 3:12:22 PM)

Updater? in the launch menu? i didn't was aware it has one

Maybe you can download the latest patch directly from the members area and install it manually

thegiddens4 -> RE: Issue with updater (1/14/2010 10:48:48 PM)

The updater is on the start menu. It is listed as "Update Forge of Freedom". When it runs it pops up a small window that checks for updates then prompts to download the latest version. After I hit next it tries to open an FTP connection and fails.

Yeah I can download the patch. The issue I have there is I didn't write my serial number down and the downloaded patch requires it. I'll just have to make due till the physical copy gets here so I can get the serial number from there.

ericbabe -> RE: Issue with updater (1/17/2010 5:38:22 PM)

Is it still not working?  WCS doesn't have anything to do with the updater or the associated FTP connection, so if you're still having problems with this, please contact support at Matrix Games.

gukan -> RE: Issue with updater (1/20/2010 3:04:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: thegiddens4

The updater is on the start menu. It is listed as "Update Forge of Freedom". When it runs it pops up a small window that checks for updates then prompts to download the latest version. After I hit next it tries to open an FTP connection and fails.

Yeah I can download the patch. The issue I have there is I didn't write my serial number down and the downloaded patch requires it. I'll just have to make due till the physical copy gets here so I can get the serial number from there.

Sorry for the late reply.. hope i can still help you.
I have never used the updater (as you can see reading my previous post [;)]), so i can't help you here. But about your lost serial number, if i remember correctly, there are a text file with it in the installation folder or in the windows folder. Now (and for some days) i have not access to my own computer, but hope someone can confirm this.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI