TOAW III Viewer / Equipment Editor Updates (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

parmenio -> TOAW III Viewer / Equipment Editor Updates (1/12/2010 7:59:14 PM)

TOAW III Viewer 2.3.0.0: 12th January 2010. Bug fix/Change release.

Fix: Now runs on Windows 7.
Change: Replacements/Inventory nodes combined into one.
Change: Deployment by Event node now gives a hotlink for event details.
Change: Some hotkeys changed to support integration into new Scenario Editor.
Change(internal): Data structures refactored to support integration into new Scenario Editor.

Download from here

TOAW III Equipment Editor 1.2.0.0: 12th January 2010. Bug fix/Change release.

Fix: Now runs on Windows 7.
Fix: Entries that are moved up and down now retain that position.
Change: Some hotkeys changed to support integration into new Scenario Editor.
Change(internal): Data structures refactored to support integration into new Scenario Editor.
Change(internal): Equipment Editor is now a UserControl.

Download from here

As expected, the problems with Windows 7 were permissions - specifically accessing the registry. It could probably be circumvented by running the apps under an Administrator account. However, I've chosen to move all settings to an external config file. If the TOAW installation location cannot be read from the registry, then the user will be prompted for its location. This will only happen the first time the app is run. Other changes are minor or are related to integrating these applications into the my planned-but-currently-dead-in-the-water-Editor. The refactoring of the internal data structures may well cause some unexpected errors.

ralphtricky -> RE: TOAW III Viewer / Equipment Editor Updates (1/12/2010 8:08:50 PM)

Awesome, I appreciate all the hard work on this.

Xeagle -> RE: TOAW III Viewer / Equipment Editor Updates (1/13/2010 3:00:50 PM)

These two new utilities work well and really add to the enjoyment of the game. The Editor is much easier to use [for me] then BioEd. My question is whether either program has any function that allows print outs of the data displayed? I am of that generation that appreciates a hard copy to look at. Thanks for all of your work on this. Dave K [8D]

parmenio -> RE: TOAW III Viewer / Equipment Editor Updates (1/13/2010 8:55:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xeagle

My question is whether either program has any function that allows print outs of the data displayed?

Dave,

Currently no and to be honest I hadn't thought about adding it to-date. For the Viewer I could do a straight dump of the content panels for each node (with appropriate section headings etc.). For the Equipment Editor.... how would you like it displayed?

Andy.

Xeagle -> RE: TOAW III Viewer / Equipment Editor Updates (1/13/2010 9:37:48 PM)

Andy: It seems to me that doing something for the Editor as you proposed for the Viewer [straight dump with headings] would be good. Your Viewer/Editor is very similar in format to an Editor that someone posted years ago for TOAW I. It was posted for only a short time and only worked with one version of TOAW I. My recollection is that it also just performed a dump to a Wordpad text file. It worked well. Thank you Dave K.[&o]

parmenio -> RE: TOAW III Viewer / Equipment Editor Updates (1/14/2010 10:08:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xeagle

Your Viewer/Editor is very similar in format to an Editor that someone posted years ago for TOAW I. It was posted for only a short time and only worked with one version of TOAW I. My recollection is that it also just performed a dump to a Wordpad text file.

A while back I did write something called TOAWDump which would take a scenario dump and allow the user to filter what was to be chosen for printing and/or viewing and that saved its output to a text file. Could have been that I suppose.

When I say a while back.... I've just checked the project sources and I created it on 10th November 1998.... [X(]

T-28A -> RE: TOAW III Viewer / Equipment Editor Updates (3/8/2010 8:24:30 PM)

Seem to be a very interesting alternative to BioEd, pity I couldn't check it while the installation requires .NET Framework 3.5+ (I have none and can't install for the reason). I wonder if it is a packager (msi) dependency only or the binary itself requires .NET?

parmenio -> RE: TOAW III Viewer / Equipment Editor Updates (3/9/2010 9:28:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: T-28A

Seem to be a very interesting alternative to BioEd, pity I couldn't check it while the installation requires .NET Framework 3.5+ (I have none and can't install for the reason). I wonder if it is a packager (msi) dependency only or the binary itself requires .NET?

No I'm afraid it's a requirement of the program itself which is written in C#. What's the issue with installing the .NET framework? Do you have version 2 at all? IIRC, there's nothing I put in that actually requires 3.5 - 2.0 would probably suffice, so I could rebuild it if necessary - I've got another requested change I'm working on (time's been a little short lately).

parmenio -> RE: TOAW III Viewer / Equipment Editor Updates (1/21/2011 5:31:57 PM)

TOAW III Viewer 2.4.0.0: 21st January 2011. Bug fix/Change release

Fix: Force proficiency spelling error in XML.
Change: Rebuilt with Ralph's new 3.4 Dlls.

Download from here

Silvanski -> RE: TOAW III Viewer / Equipment Editor Updates (1/21/2011 5:40:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: parmenio

TOAW III Viewer 2.4.0.0: 21st January 2011. Bug fix/Change release

Fix: Force proficiency spelling error in XML.

Cool beans Mr Parmenio![&o]

parmenio -> RE: TOAW III Viewer / Equipment Editor Updates (1/21/2011 9:13:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silvanski

Cool beans Mr Parmenio!

Hey no problem, TOAW Retrofit Dude! Of course, the next question is are there any other updates that I've missed...

... as I've just realised that although I've updated the Beta Scenario Editor for the 5 Objective Tracks (as opposed to the old 3), I think I forgot to put it into the stand-alone viewer (although it's probably in the one integrated into the Editor - doh!)

Lipa -> RE: TOAW III Viewer / Equipment Editor Updates (1/30/2011 12:17:21 PM)

Great tool, many thanks Parmenio!!!

It would also be nice if there was a feature that would allow you to search through the scenarios (located in a folder) for a particular parameter (e.g. scale of the battle, number of turns etc.) or some word (string) in the scenario briefing...

2Fre -> RE: TOAW III Viewer / Equipment Editor Updates (5/3/2011 11:13:49 PM)

Hi,
I ve got an issue with the Toaw viewer.
When I'm opening a scenario file, it crashes.
I'm using Win7 64 bits, maybe that's why. Someone can help me to get it running ?
thanks

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI