Thai Units restrictions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Bliztk -> Thai Units restrictions (1/13/2010 10:29:26 PM)

It`s there any restriction on Thai units moving away from Thailand by land ?

I`m plotting my first turn as Japanese and I have several stupid ideas about using them on the offensive ! [8|]

fflaguna -> RE: Thai Units restrictions (1/13/2010 10:44:42 PM)

Some people have house rules preventing all armies from moving across boundaries without PP being paid, and some even have a rule specifically about Thai units not crossing their borders. It depends on what you and your opponent have decided. :)

And a quick aside: Why do so many people have house rules about strategic bombing in China?

eloso -> RE: Thai Units restrictions (1/13/2010 10:53:50 PM)

Blitzk:

Thai units are in a restricted command that you cannot pay PP to move. Switching commands is not an option much like several of the West Coast commands.

Bliztk -> RE: Thai Units restrictions (1/14/2010 12:00:37 AM)

The question is more about if I can use them to attack Burma without limitations, or have to wait until the Japanese arrive in force to go to grab Rangoon

rader -> RE: Thai Units restrictions (1/14/2010 12:07:11 AM)

The thais should probably be able to enter some parts of Burma (Tavoy, Victoria Point) and Indochina (Cambodia, Laos. These areas were claimed by the Thais and stolen by France and the UK over the years. But beyond that, they weren't too geared up about fighting the war.

eloso -> RE: Thai Units restrictions (1/14/2010 12:09:21 AM)

If you are just playing the AI and don't care, you could use them anywhere on the continent.

Chickenboy -> RE: Thai Units restrictions (1/14/2010 12:21:38 AM)

I think within reason (Victoria Point, Pegu), the Thai troops should be allowed to be used offensively in Burma.  Akyab?  Probably a little 'out there'.  Darwin is right out. Your milage may vary.

Q-Ball -> RE: Thai Units restrictions (1/14/2010 3:59:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fflaguna

And a quick aside: Why do so many people have house rules about strategic bombing in China?

It's too easy for the Japanese to completely destroy all Chinese industry and therefore supply sources. All strategic bombing is too easy frankly, but here is where it manifests first.

To give the Japanese a counter-break, ban strategic bombing in Burma, because it's also way too easy for the Allies to nuke the Burmese Oil and make it strategically worthless.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI