Any word on the Gold edition (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> World War One Gold

BYU 14 -> Any word on the Gold edition (1/14/2010 3:14:34 AM)

Just curious if there is any news on the gold edition and if things are still on target for a February release?

Arsan -> RE: Any word on the Gold edition (1/14/2010 3:48:38 PM)

Hi!
The last i heard on the AGEOD forums was that it was still planned as a Q1 release and that apparently the Paradox acquisition should not change plans regarding WW1.
Cheers!

tbsfan -> RE: Any word on the Gold edition (1/14/2010 4:29:09 PM)

Hello everyone.
I've been off the board for a while. This is good news about WW1.
Will the Gold Ed be a complete new, stand alone effort or will we be
able to upgrade our previous WW1 purchase?

vonRocko -> RE: Any word on the Gold edition (1/14/2010 5:24:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tbsfan

Hello everyone.
I've been off the board for a while. This is good news about WW1.
Will the Gold Ed be a complete new, stand alone effort or will we be
able to upgrade our previous WW1 purchase?

It should be free for those of us who bought this broken game a year ago.The gold edition just makes the game were it should have been a year ago. But you will have to pay for the so called "upgrade" patch. [:-][:@]

Arsan -> RE: Any word on the Gold edition (1/14/2010 6:49:11 PM)

Hi

VonRocko,
don't mistake patches with new game versions [:-]
The already released WW1 patches fixes the (indeed broken) game you bought a year ago... the gold version will upgrade the game with new additions, not fixes (new horizontal map with nicer graphics, gameplay improvememts etc).

tbsfan,
I think the plan is to make the gold version a stand alone game, but offer a "low cost" upgrade to owners of WW1.
That's the last i read at AGEOD forums at least.
Cheers

tbsfan -> RE: Any word on the Gold edition (1/15/2010 4:43:58 PM)

Arsan,
thank you for the update.

freeboy -> RE: Any word on the Gold edition (1/15/2010 6:25:29 PM)

I also noted that PT made an offer torefund those not satisfied with WW1, plus they are giving it away in 14 day alotments wit ha full game demo.. so they are doing all they can to redem a bad situation.. The reality is that some games are bad, some games do not work and are bad due to bugs...
I do not see paying for a gold edition as a problem, and a minor charge to update from one to the other is so common now.

Hopefully gold will be fully tested.. my demo of WW1 althoug hnot played fully works in vista 64 with a good system.. although sluggish on a fast laptop...

Baron von Beer -> RE: Any word on the Gold edition (1/16/2010 11:26:52 PM)

FWIW, the developer(s?) have said March is the currently planned target.

Marshall Thomas -> RE: Any word on the Gold edition (1/23/2010 2:38:05 AM)

I'm looking foward to the release of Gold Edition. Is there anywhere I can go to see a list of Gold Edition's new features? The only one that I know for sure about is the new horizontal map. Thanks in advance

Erik Rutins -> RE: Any word on the Gold edition (1/23/2010 3:56:26 AM)

I can only say that I know we'll be offering it, AGEOD's forum is the best place for more info until we get closer to release.

calvinus72 -> RE: Any word on the Gold edition (1/23/2010 8:06:03 AM)

Here the news actually developed or under work...

New features:
- Added new italian music: Ta Pum!
- New Game Map! (North-South oriented)
- Battle Logs window!
- Stacks Reorganization window!
- Added check-box in WW1 Configuration Tool that allows to switch to/from the new Gold map view

Improvements:
- The tooltip on the top frame now shows the complete list of available combat doctrines, so included those ones discovered by the allies
- All available combat doctrines can be used in battle, so included those ones discovered by the allies
- U-Boots hunting tests results are now notified to all players
- Once ready for rebuild, the destroyed units are now available in full-force status
- Recruitments window: it's now possible to upgrade the fire-power of all corps, so included also the units deployed on the map
- Added a check during air duels to avoid flying aces replacements
- Civil Production level may no more be higher than 9 nor lower than 0
- Military AI for placement of reinforcements has been considerably improved
- Military AI for spending of RPs has been considerably improved
- Military AI for maneuvering has been considerably improved

Scenario corrections:
- All scenarios: "Naval codes" is now a naval technology
- 1914 scenario: added special event for placement of BEF in Le Havre in case Mons is under German control

Fixed bugs:
- Corrected the only-AI battle freezes in strict-turn-based mode (4-players game)
- Fixed a bug that caused infinite U-Boots reinforcements
- Fixed a rare crash in trench battles related to the assault troops fire-power determination
- Fixed a bug that prevented the AI defender from committing support units (tanks & assault troops) in trench battles
- All new unit build & fire-power improvement orders can be done only if the national treasury has 1+ EPs
- Fixed a bug that caused a wrong increment of the economic hit losses caused by strategic submarine warfare
- Naval minefields can now be placed only on coastal sea areas
- Fixed a bug that caused a wrong calculation of victory standings at the end of Nov.-Dec. 1919 (last game turn)
- Fixed a bug that caused a wrong execution of army reactions in single-player mode and a loss of synchro in multi-player mode
- Fixed a bug that caused sometimes a loss of synchro in multi-player mode when executing not-military orders (i.e.: diplomats missions)
- Added an additional delivery check for interceptions in multi-player mode (if no response packet is delivered, no interception takes place)
- Fixed a bug in Multiplayer setup that caused a loss of synchro at very game start if a client did not choose the playing side
- Fixed a bug in movement path generation that wrongly included the unpassable areas in path
- Naval movement paths procedure fixed
- Fixed some bugs in fire procedure during air duels

vonRocko -> RE: Any word on the Gold edition (2/16/2010 1:59:27 PM)

So, has a price been set for this PATCH?
All items listed should have been in the regular game! There is nothing "Gold" here. These are basic fixes . But, your greed made you release a broken product early, and now you have the nerve to charge to fix it. I never returned the original because of promises too fix it. But you failed to mention that the fix will cost even more money.
Not once have I played this game without bugs of some sort,or rules that are not programed correctly, not one single game! Before gold, how about fixing the regular game? So it is over a year since release, and you have spent my money, and I still have a broken game.
(new Italian music! wow)

calvinus72 -> RE: Any word on the Gold edition (2/17/2010 7:55:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

So, has a price been set for this PATCH?
All items listed should have been in the regular game! There is nothing "Gold" here. These are basic fixes . But, your greed made you release a broken product early, and now you have the nerve to charge to fix it. I never returned the original because of promises too fix it. But you failed to mention that the fix will cost even more money.
Not once have I played this game without bugs of some sort,or rules that are not programed correctly, not one single game! Before gold, how about fixing the regular game? So it is over a year since release, and you have spent my money, and I still have a broken game.
(new Italian music! wow)

I don't believe the following three new features can be regarded as a "patch":

- New Game Map (North-South oriented)
- Battle Logs window
- Stacks Reorganization window

Just because they brought an additional cost for development and graphic rendering.

Thanks,
Calvinus.

vonRocko -> RE: Any word on the Gold edition (2/17/2010 2:10:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: calvinus72

I don't believe the following three new features can be regarded as a "patch":

- New Game Map (North-South oriented)
- Battle Logs window
- Stacks Reorganization window

You're kidding me right? You believe these features are worth another 20-40 dollars? The map should have been that way from the start, but that really don't matter. But the point is, if I do not purchase the gold edition, I won't get all the other bug fixes that are needed to have a working game.
I could care less about a new battle log window, when the battles don't even work right. The basic game has all kinds of problems yet.
I guess it's screw you people who bought the original game, if you want a playable game,give more money.

CSSS -> RE: Any word on the Gold edition (2/17/2010 3:11:41 PM)

First week of March!!!

calvinus72 -> RE: Any word on the Gold edition (2/17/2010 3:37:56 PM)

quote:

You're kidding me right? You believe these features are worth another 20-40 dollars?...

Did someone wrote that the upgrade kit will cost 20-40 dollars??? [sm=00000116.gif]

vonRocko -> RE: Any word on the Gold edition (2/17/2010 8:41:56 PM)

Ok Calvinus, you know how I feel about this situation. So I will drop it now.
I thank you for responding.

calvinus72 -> RE: Any word on the Gold edition (2/18/2010 8:05:09 AM)

Thanks vonRocko and all of you for your patience. I will tell AgeOD to apply a very cheap price for the upgrade kit and I will try to add as many new additional features to make it worth a try.

Also, we will publish a "demo gold", so letting you evaluate the new game version before purchasing it.

BYU 14 -> Seems Fair (2/20/2010 11:30:55 PM)

Thank you for your response Calvinus, looking forward to the Gold version

calvinus72 -> RE: Seems Fair (3/27/2010 11:44:01 AM)

I posted several news about the Gold edition in the official AgeOD forum:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=17082

06 Maestro -> RE: Seems Fair (3/28/2010 10:53:38 PM)

Looks very good, I will be trying out Gold ASAP.

Lorenzo -> RE: Seems Fair (5/6/2010 1:38:46 PM)

I am coming back to the hobby, so please explain it to me as if I were a 4-years-old...

did the Gold Edition already hit the shelves? [&:]

06 Maestro -> RE: Seems Fair (5/6/2010 6:24:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lorenzo

did the Gold Edition already hit the shelves? [&:]

No-not yet. It seems to be very close though.

NefariousKoel -> RE: Seems Fair (5/10/2010 9:24:30 AM)

*Pops In*

*Looks Around*

[&:]

wodin -> RE: Seems Fair (5/10/2010 1:02:20 PM)

On Ageod they mentioned next week.

Pandemic -> RE: Seems Fair (5/10/2010 6:16:08 PM)

From AGEOD Forum:

"We are "negotiating" with the publisher's for the final release date, as they need some days to sort out themselves and get the servers prepared. On our side, we have delivered everything to them...

So, with luck, should be ok this week :cool:"

so fingers crossed as the code has been sent its either this friday or early next week

calvinus72 -> RE: Seems Fair (5/12/2010 11:41:21 AM)

WW1 Gold is online!

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?p=177072

captskillet -> RE: Seems Fair (5/12/2010 2:15:15 PM)

quote:

We have in our database all the serial numbers sold through any source, as far as I know, so if you still have your serial number you should be able to get a discount code here.

quote:

Hey Eric, I think I bought it through Ageod and I cant find my original download of the game.....is there a way for you to verify my original ownership and let me redownload the original so I can use the upgrade?.........thanks! the capt.

Calvinus, I just posted this in the General section and I have also sent an email through the Ageod website contact tech support section, can you check this out for me and let me know if this is possible?

NefariousKoel -> RE: Any word on the Gold edition (10/13/2010 6:42:02 PM)

Has any of our resident spambots gained a star yet due to amount of posts?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI