Can bridge engineers build across river on elevated hex? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

big dawg -> Can bridge engineers build across river on elevated hex? (1/18/2010 3:59:41 PM)

Am faced with crossing a river & have bridging engineers to help with that task. Am searching for crossing points. Some hexs are wooded and some have an elevated hex (not mountains just elevated).

Can I construct a bridge into a wooded hex?

Can I construct a bridge into a elevated hex?

Thanks!

Jason Petho -> RE: Can bridge engineers build across river on elevated hex? (1/18/2010 4:56:20 PM)

Have you played the bootcamp scenario dealing with building bridges?

There is a document in your Manuals older that describes what to do with the bootcamp scenarios.

I highly recommend it.

Jason Petho

big dawg -> RE: Can bridge engineers build across river on elevated hex? (1/18/2010 6:52:16 PM)

Hi Jason,

Yes I did & it answered several questions especially for pontoon bridges.
I am playtesting a scenario and was wondering if I can build a bridge from a hex without any foliage across a river into a wooded area?

I will use your JTCS stock bridge building boot camp scenario as an example..... Look at hex 10, 21 on the Russian side.  Say the bridge unit was Russian unit attempting to cross & in hex 10, 21 could he build a bridge across the river into the wooded hex on the German side 9, 21 or 9, 22?

Also look at hex 15, 25 on Russian side.  Can I construct a bridge into a elevated hex?  Say from 15, 25 across river to 15, 24?

If the answers were listed in manual I missed them.

Thanks you for any help you can provide.

Jack

Jason Petho -> RE: Can bridge engineers build across river on elevated hex? (1/18/2010 8:03:09 PM)

You should be able to build a bridge across the hexside, yes.

Jason Petho

1925frank -> RE: Can bridge engineers build across river on elevated hex? (1/19/2010 4:03:42 AM)

Changing the subject just a bit:  I had a low-on-ammo mine engineer move into a minefield hex, and the low-on-ammo mine engineer got eliminated.  Generally engineers are impervious to minefields, but that apparently isn't true for low-on-ammo mine engineers.  Has anyone else encountered this?

Jason Petho -> RE: Can bridge engineers build across river on elevated hex? (1/19/2010 5:41:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1925frank

Changing the subject just a bit:  I had a low-on-ammo mine engineer move into a minefield hex, and the low-on-ammo mine engineer got eliminated.  Generally engineers are impervious to minefields, but that apparently isn't true for low-on-ammo mine engineers.  Has anyone else encountered this?

Mine Engineers are ONLY able to lay a level one minefield, so they do not have the same attributes as normal engineers and suffer casualties.

That is all.

Jason Petho

1925frank -> RE: Can bridge engineers build across river on elevated hex? (1/19/2010 5:01:32 PM)

Thanks, Jason. 

Just as an idea, perhaps the name of the unit could be changed to "Mine Layers" so that they aren't confused with engineers. 

Do mine engineers get the bonus for making improved positions (twenty percent compared to ten percent for other units)?  Can they lay smoke?  If they can't, it might not be a bad idea to remove the "engineer" from the unit's name.

big dawg -> RE: Can bridge engineers build across river on elevated hex? (1/21/2010 11:43:32 PM)

Yes, yes you can. I did it.

1925frank -> RE: Can bridge engineers build across river on elevated hex? (1/22/2010 4:49:43 PM)

I don't have my game in front of me, but my recollection is the mine engineers do not have the smoke symbol, which means they shouldn't be able to lay smoke, and the mine engineers don't have the mine detector symbol, which means they can't remove mines and can be hurt in a mine field.  The mine engineers have a shovel, which means they can build improved positions, but I suspect it's only at the ten percent rate, not the twenty percent rate of regular engineers.  The unit, as it's currently displayed, tells a player what a player needs to know.  It was the "engineer" in the name that threw me off on its capabilities, but its capabilities are noted in the left column, so I should not have been surprised.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI