Does this work with Windows 7? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

Knavery -> Does this work with Windows 7? (1/21/2010 1:55:24 AM)

Hey folks --
Sorry if this question was asked, but I looked at the game description and it only says it's supported up to XP. Does it work in Windows 7? I'm thinking of purchasing it. Thanks!

Abnormalmind -> RE: Does this work with Windows 7? (1/21/2010 11:36:37 AM)

Yes, it works with Windows 7. I play it with Windows 7 - 64 bit, and had to set the executable opart3.exe to compatibility mode, which is easily done.

LOK_32MK -> RE: Does this work with Windows 7? (1/30/2010 1:45:25 PM)

yes it works. I have been running TOAW III with Windows 7 with no problems for 3 months now

koreaboy -> RE: Does this work with Windows 7? (3/2/2010 3:42:50 PM)

how did you set the compatibility mode? can i have an idiot's guide to that, please? thanks in advance!

Abnormalmind -> RE: Does this work with Windows 7? (3/2/2010 4:08:28 PM)

Navigate to your TOAWIII installation folder:
Here is the location of mine: C:\Matrix Games\The Operational Art of War III
Right click on Opart 3. It's an application.
Select properties
Select Compatibility tab
Check mark the box by "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
Use the drop down menu to select which version. I use Windows XP (Service Pack 3).
Click on Apply
Click OK

koreaboy -> RE: Does this work with Windows 7? (3/2/2010 6:04:19 PM)

thank you VERY much. i will try that when i get home and let you know if it worked for me!

parusski -> RE: Does this work with Windows 7? (3/2/2010 8:06:06 PM)

I have been playing TOAW and other Matrix games on Windows 7 for over a year. I have had no problems with any of them.

koreaboy -> RE: Does this work with Windows 7? (3/2/2010 11:49:53 PM)

thanks abnormal! that worked like a charm and also got my game to cover my full screen! i was already in windows XP compatibility, so i figured i'd switch it to vista compatibility and that did the trick. thanks so much!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI