Hokkaido and Oil (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Schatten -> Hokkaido and Oil (1/27/2010 10:33:29 PM)

There are 3 small Oilfields at Hokkaido all 5, in Muroran, Sapporo and Asahikawa.
Now there are no Refinery at Hokkaido and no Port in Asahikawa (inland Base)

Question..what to do to take the Oil stored in Asahikawa out of it into a Refinery?

Mynok -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/27/2010 10:35:28 PM)

Small tanker TF can load them and drop them off in Honshu. That's exactly what you want to do.

ny59giants -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/27/2010 11:56:23 PM)

Don't forget to click twice to increase the supply requirements for each base in order to repair the damaged Oil centers. After repaired decrease the request back to none. The AI will move supply around to get them each fixed. 

erstad -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/28/2010 5:30:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Don't forget to click twice to increase the supply requirements for each base in order to repair the damaged Oil centers. After repaired decrease the request back to none. The AI will move supply around to get them each fixed. 

True, but only if they are damaged. Those centers don't start damaged.

Schatten -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/28/2010 9:49:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Small tanker TF can load them and drop them off in Honshu. That's exactly what you want to do.

I known that i can load Oil from Muroran and Sapporo and carry them out (all those Fieldīs not dmg btw) the question is how to get Oil out from Asahikawa?
It has no Port, no Option to build one (inland basis) and since there is no refinery at Hokkaido Island the Oil in Asahikawa goes stored in Basis.

I see no other Option to load/move Oil as in a Tanker or overland to next refinery (auto supply routine)...both both is impossible for Asahikawa as far i can see.

herwin -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/28/2010 11:35:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schatten

There are 3 small Oilfields at Hokkaido all 5, in Muroran, Sapporo and Asahikawa.

Question..what to do to take the Oil stored in Asahikawa out of it into a Refinery?

Muroran had a refinery. (My great grandfather was involved.)

Schatten -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/28/2010 11:50:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schatten

Muroran had a refinery. (My great grandfather was involved.)

not in game

Muroran(Base) 120,52
Manpower 2
Resource 60
Oil 5
Heavy Ind. 50
Light Ind. 20
The other Cities at Hokkaido have no Refinery too...looks like a bug since there is no Option to take the Asahikawa Oil out of the City as far i can see.

Puhis -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/28/2010 12:13:40 PM)

Oil will move automatically to some port via railroads or roads. After last patch/hotfix all Hokkaido oil seem to go to Hakodate.

Schatten -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/28/2010 12:45:38 PM)

thx, fine, if it work
will look after some turns for that

erstad -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/28/2010 1:43:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puhis

Oil will move automatically to some port via railroads or roads. After last patch/hotfix all Hokkaido oil seem to go to Hakodate.

Mine goes to Sapporo. But I expanded that port, I think.

But again, it's a pittance. I have not pulled any oil off Hokkaido all game, and as of 11/42 I have something like 30,000 oil there. I'll go get it when I'm truly desparate

Jzanes -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/28/2010 2:28:56 PM)

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't stuff automatically move between adjacent ports (ie. hakodate to ominato)? See rule 9.3.3.3

findmeifyoucan -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/28/2010 7:52:19 PM)

If oil does move between those two adjacent ports it doesn't move too quickly. LOL

Q-Ball -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/28/2010 8:58:30 PM)

I wouldn't even bother getting it until 1945. By then, you'll have more tanker capacity then you'll know what to do with, because you'll probably be cut off from the DEI. Use all your tankers now to get the long-distance Oil; save the close stuff for when that's all you can safely get to.

findmeifyoucan -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/28/2010 9:26:03 PM)

Agreed but in my game it is still very early only 2 weeks into the war so may as well start moving the close stuff until it is reasonably safe to grab the other stuff. After all we still have those pesky Allied Surface Fleets running around trying to cause problems. :-))

Mynok -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/28/2010 9:30:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

you'll have more tanker capacity then you'll know what to do with

I see someone has high goals for his ASW efforts.....[:D]

SeethingErmine -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/28/2010 11:42:10 PM)

Jzanes -

The naval connection rule confused me for Hokkaido too for a while. From supply behavior I can see in Tracker I'm pretty sure they are not connected.

I think the trick is the automatic transfer requires a ship-navigable hex side between the two. Due to geography of the place, those two ports (Ominato and Hakodate iirc) have an unnavigable border. Ships going between the two have to hop one hex to the side, thus no automatic resource transfer.

Jzanes -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/29/2010 12:49:19 AM)

Thanks seethingermine. That will make a big change in my plans.

Xargun -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/29/2010 7:26:00 PM)

You don't need tankers at all to move that oil. Simply use some of your AKs that hold cargo AND fuel and send them to pick up resources -- they will load both resources and oil. Now its only 300 oil per ship, but it frees your tankers for use elsewhere where you have lots of oil.

Xargun

Mike Solli -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/30/2010 2:35:30 PM)

Very clever Xargun. I like it. [:D] You need to poke your nose in this forum more often. Where have you been hiding lately?

findmeifyoucan -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/30/2010 4:30:01 PM)

You realize of course that there is almost a million points of oil located at Hokodate at game start. With only 300 pnts per transport it will take a long, long, long time to move it all out of there. :-))

erstad -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/30/2010 6:50:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: findmeifyoucan

You realize of course that there is almost a million points of oil located at Hokodate at game start. With only 300 pnts per transport it will take a long, long, long time to move it all out of there. :-))

What scenario are you referring to? In Scen 1, no base starts with more than about 500K oil, and Hokodate has none.

findmeifyoucan -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/31/2010 1:15:44 AM)

Well in Scen 2 on Dec 11 I have 580,000 oil and 790,000 resources in Hokodate and that is after taking oil and resources out for the last three days. I forget exactly but there was about 670,000 oil points in Hokodate on Dec 8, 1941!

Skyros -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/31/2010 3:31:42 AM)

Isn't scenario two one of the pumped up IJN scenarios?
quote:

Well in Scen 2 on Dec 11 I have 580,000 oil and 790,000 resources in Hokodate and that is after taking oil and resources out for the last three days. I forget exactly but there was about 670,000 oil points in Hokodate on Dec 8, 1941!

findmeifyoucan -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (1/31/2010 4:20:50 AM)

It is historical just like Scen 1 but is assuming the Japanese were a bit better prepared and a little more umph in the first few months of the war! :-)

Xargun -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (2/1/2010 5:47:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Very clever Xargun. I like it. [:D] You need to poke your nose in this forum more often. Where have you been hiding lately?

I've been around. I try to read the forums nearly every day (during the week) from work at lunch, but rarely post. My home life is super busy and I average about 1 turn a day with my PBeM partner - although I wish I could do like 5 so the game keeps moving.

As for the cargo/fuel thing I'm surprised no one else has used that ?? I use it all the time.. heck I'm the guy that sends one of these AKs to those oddball islands that have 1 resource and 1 oil on them to pick them up -- as Japan I try not to waste anything.

Xargun

findmeifyoucan -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (2/1/2010 6:01:46 PM)

Wow, one turn a day. Wish I had time to do that without getting divorced, hee, hee. Another wow on going after 1 res and 1 oil point but good policy1 As the Japanese we can't afford to waste anything which is why I move everthing manually, no auto convoy for me. I just don't trust the AI and can be much more efficient if I do it myself!

Mynok -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (2/1/2010 9:14:36 PM)

Is the bug still there that if the port does not have at least 1 resource oil will not load?

stuman -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (2/1/2010 11:27:31 PM)

quote:

Geez, that is strange. I am playing Scen. 2, and I have only about 28,000 oil at Hokodate by early summer of '42, and I have moved no oil yet !. Although I am all patched up, I have not restarted this game so maybe one of the patches/fixes added even more oil there ?

Mark Weston -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (2/2/2010 12:09:41 AM)

I think we're confusing fuel and oil here.  Hokkaido has a large stock of fuel in scenario 2.  (Stashed btw in a large mountain of rusted jerrycans and slowly leaking away...)

Jepo1501 -> RE: Hokkaido and Oil (2/20/2010 12:47:03 PM)

Where is Honshu??? Been looking everywhere for it

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI