No posts about the Tablet yet ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Hard Sarge -> No posts about the Tablet yet ? (1/28/2010 1:03:47 PM)

I figured I would come here to find out all the info and details about it :)

RedArgo -> RE: No posts about the Tablet yet ? (1/28/2010 1:08:44 PM)

It looks like a giant iTouch with the option for a 3G data plan. Not that that is a bad thing as I am really happy with my iTouch. I would have to get bigger pockets if I ever get an iPad.

Joram -> RE: No posts about the Tablet yet ? (1/28/2010 1:26:06 PM)

No doubt it well sell on brand name alone however the utility of it remains to be seen.

inquisiteur -> RE: No posts about the Tablet yet ? (1/28/2010 1:36:09 PM)

No one will buy the tablet.

No camera, cant use it as a phone, the frame is huge (in fact bigger than my digital picture frame in my living room), not that thin (52 inch LED Tv's are thinner), Iphone OS is used, not even the MAC regular OS meaning you can opening only 1 software at a time, and quite heavy.... i think this is the mistake all Apple competitors where waiting for.

I can't figure out how they can be mistaken that much.

SlickWilhelm -> RE: No posts about the Tablet yet ? (1/28/2010 2:04:15 PM)

I'm going to be taking a serious look at the iPad as a possible replacement for my laptop when that becomes obsolete. I couldn't care less that there's no camera and that you can't call on it. I'm looking forward to being able to see one up close & personal.

Jevhaddah -> RE: No posts about the Tablet yet ? (1/28/2010 2:08:36 PM)

They worked great on Star Trek [:D]

Now when will Apple invent Warp Drive

Seriously though, I daresay it could be used to store and display research notes (Technobabble), books and films etc.

I know we have technology that can already do that but as the PADD technology develops and hopefully comes down in price, I personally would find it useful to have for note taking on my many forays into museums and places of historical interest. If I can download piccys from my phone or camera to illustrate my text and could then manipulate it while the wife drives me home it would give me more time for wargaming at home [:)]

I personally do not see the need for it to have a built in phone as I already have one.

The OS is a bit of downer, I will probly wait until a Clone running Linux is produced by someone.

A lot would depend on how robust it is though.

Cheers

Jev

JudgeDredd -> RE: No posts about the Tablet yet ? (1/28/2010 2:40:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joram

No doubt it well sell on brand name alone however the utility of it remains to be seen.

I agree entirely

Lützow -> RE: No posts about the Tablet yet ? (1/28/2010 3:25:38 PM)

I'm not too excited about the iPad, as it doesn't fill a gap between my already existent computers and iPhone. Followed the liveticker on Gizmodo yesterday and my first impression was, that Apple is presenting a device for senior citizens.

Anyway, the price is low and for $499,- I might purchase it as a reader somewhen.

Zakhal -> RE: No posts about the Tablet yet ? (1/28/2010 4:08:12 PM)

I might use it to view large color manuals if the machine is fast enough to easily move around large pdf and has good keyboard for speedsearch. Othervice I have no need for it.

Somone who isnt around computers all the time and likes to digest his/hers news from internet might of course use it for internet-browsing. But even that person propably has iphone so he can use that for internet.

This ipad doesnt even have flash btw.

Peter Fisla -> RE: No posts about the Tablet yet ? (1/28/2010 5:15:54 PM)

I'm going get the MS/HP version as I believe it allow me to copy stuff to it as I want and run programs that I can make or get on my own (Similar concept as with Pocket PC).

I think the serious problem with the iPad is that it's completely locked and is full of DRM...think iTunes and iPod touch, you can't copy documents/pdf/html stuff on it....never mind that tech specs are pretty lousy as well. For me tablet is a portable PC...not a Steve Job marketing device he telling what I can and can not do...sorry

Arctic Blast -> RE: No posts about the Tablet yet ? (1/28/2010 9:12:14 PM)

I guess it currently doesn't support Flash, which is kind of going to hurt its Net compatibility a bit, and can't multitask? So you can't have an IM program running 'in the background' while working on something.

Zakhal -> RE: No posts about the Tablet yet ? (1/28/2010 10:36:38 PM)

AH response about the tablet: [:D]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQnT0zp8Ya4

JudgeDredd -> RE: No posts about the Tablet yet ? (1/29/2010 7:09:15 AM)

lol - the old hitler tantrum. Can't get bored of it!

ilovestrategy -> RE: No posts about the Tablet yet ? (1/29/2010 7:28:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jevhaddah

They worked great on Star Trek [:D]

Jev

I am so there! [&o]
[:D]

Hard Sarge -> RE: No posts about the Tablet yet ? (1/29/2010 11:19:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

yeap, love those

Halsey -> RE: No posts about the Tablet yet ? (1/29/2010 11:49:31 AM)

This is what the e-book reader should have look like.
You could add animated graphics to books.[;)]

Arctic Blast -> RE: No posts about the Tablet yet ? (1/29/2010 9:59:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

yeap, love those

Heh, I was reading recently that the director of Downfall is actually a big fan of them, too.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI